This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > The Water Cooler > Politics and Current Events > 9/11: RIP lost ones; rest of us should WAKE UP!!
Discuss, examine, and rant and rave about the news of the day.
Posted: 1/21/2011 4:19 AM PST
The footballer?
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 1/20/2011 1:51 AM PST
Nani...

Posted: 1/9/2011 7:11 AM PST
Of course I'm right. But no, I don't think I'll be writing a 'Mo Gleic' of my own. That would mean I would become the dictator, and by my own logic, a candidate for elimination. Plus I don't like the sound of the title. No, I'd be more like a 'Dark Lord'. Peter Mandleson, that is. Better to avoid the spotlight, possessing massive amounts of power, but attracting very little attention. Beidh mé ag éirí leis an Tiarna Dubh na hÉireann! Chritheagla os mo meatacháni coigríche!

Posted: 1/8/2011 9:35 PM PST
your right ... wow .

Posted: 1/8/2011 9:34 PM PST
oh my ..... do you see why i like you cutie , that was perfect . wow ... you should a "my struggle" your self .

Posted: 1/5/2011 11:47 AM PST
The Nazi party's police state was a symptom of the insecurity they felt, as a dictatorship. Remove the dictator, remove the insecurity. The face of the party, Hitler, was a perfect device for getting elected, a crap one for ruling. A ruling government should be faceless. The faceless, the leaderless, is the invincible. Strong party structure, regimented hierarchy, fast lawmaking. As for turning people into mindless marching zombies... well, what about all those mindless zombies marching off to work in the morning, in their bland, uniform suits? What about us not being able to say what we want? Nazism is just an overtly authoritarian version of ordinary life. The Nazis only feared books and opinions that contradicted their views because they were terrified of being overthrown. If the threat of being overthrown was removed, they would have dropped censorship quickly. As for gassing Jews and all that jazz, well I think that was insane, pointless, and worst of all an ineffective use of resources. That money could have went on the war effort. Those men could have fought in the Heer, Luftwaffe or the supply chain. A bit dumb, if you ask me. About two million of the killed were probably able bodied men, they could have formed extra armies. Even if killing them was so important, they could have just went on insane suicide missions. Have the Jewish division storm Moscow, drive back the Allied advance up the Italian peninsula. Slow down the tanks pushing forward to relive the attack force at Bastogne. Politically, they were clever. But their politics was ruined by insane, and inane ideas about race, genetics and history that didn't make much sense at all.

Posted: 1/4/2011 7:21 PM PST
im tired of poking holes in falsified facts ... who EVEN writtes the history to begin with muchless uhhh . personally i disagree with that , the reason why the nazis had to be stopped wasn't because of there ideolistic semi realistic decent into utter god worshiping deprivity , infact IF that was the case then it wouldn't explaine away the numers plotts and if not a near succefull assasination attempt by none other than the nazis them selves ... ... they wern't genetically flawed , allthough there attempts at creating a pureblooded supper arian race enevitably met with faluire ... it wasn't god worship and decadence that was the proplem with nazi germany .... it was the fact that it was a right wing police state hell house where you could be disapred for saying and even thinking gobels looked silly today ... the nazi party would over eventually thought policed there own denzins .... it wasn't a good place to live ... thats why germany had to be stopped , because it was turning soceity into automionistic mindless goes marching zombies ...

Posted: 1/4/2011 1:10 PM PST
"Start wearing purple right now!"

Posted: 12/31/2010 12:21 AM PST

NavarCrow
Aerosmith: Eat the Rich, there's only one thing that they're good for. Eat the Rich.

Posted: 12/30/2010 1:39 PM PST
I seriously doubt the existance of a soul. As for 9/11, well, it wasn't just wo buildings down, it was 3000+ dead, and a big smack in the face of a country which up until that point believed itself in the clear, after winning the Cold War. Before 9/11, America thought its only enemies in the world were a bunch of helpless primitive farmers. That is, until they flew planes into buildings. It created an atmosphere of fear that hasn't subsided. It was a premptive strike, the defining moment which began the era of terrorism. It was a bit like Pearl Harbour actually. That being said, it is also History. And as such, it should be studied, but not used to build mad conspiracies. I think the Nazis were flawed genii. They had intelligence, keen political minds, the ability to act unscrupulously to get the job done. If only they had left their idealogical nonsense by the wayside, dropped Hitler once he had fulfilled his usefulness... perhaps they could have become the greatest government in the world. Instead, they they pissed power away, bending the whims of a deluded fool. That's why they had to be stopped. America too has to be stopped. Their top heavy system is far too flawed, far to extreme. They venture too far from economic eqilibrium. In a desperate attempt to escape any form of left-wing thought, they have floown off balance. No control is no better than total control. This time, however, I smell an economic war.

Posted: 12/30/2010 11:09 AM PST
yes the NAZI's had to be stopped . and don't get me wrong im a megalomanic i.e. i LOVE war ... it was just two buildings going down in the grand scheme of things 9/11 has been greatly over exadurated , but the point you faoil to see is ....uhhhh i give . my pessimistic nature wins out again .... what is the point .... its like trying to explaine in 30 seconds to a toddler why you throw a hand grenade after you pull the pin ... pointless . fustration + understanding = apathy . p.s. i would embrace it if there was actually anything these too embrace other than the harrowing void of emptyness that is thee obiss lying deeply at the core of every human soul ...

Posted: 12/29/2010 5:16 PM PST
Ego is a human construct. Logic is the base code of the universe. I know which one I'll be trusting. Who cares what happened on 9/11? Those people are dead. Gone. Corpsed. Pinked. Bought the farm. As for war mongering, well, war is part of Humanity. And no matter how misanthropic you get, you can't escape from your own Humanity. Better to just embrace it. Besides, even what looks awful is often for the greater good. WWII, for example. That's a war I think was inevitable, and important. The Nazis had to be stopped.

Posted: 12/28/2010 11:50 AM PST
yes and we live in a world were politics isn't a joke . and bush told us WHAT really happened on 9/11 ... :D instead of mongering for war . do you see why im not on here so often any more . ego must MUST always come before logic ... and reason ... -_-

Posted: 12/28/2010 11:44 AM PST
Knowledge = power, ignorance (i.e. not-knowledge)= bliss Thus bliss=not-knowledge, and therefore bliss=not-power So by your logic bliss is the lack of power, and vice versa. Well then, you should be very happy, because as an ordinary person, you have so little power that it translates as about one 70 millionth of the power of the UK electorate. Have a nice day.

Posted: 12/28/2010 11:33 AM PST
they don't even need to kill us all they are beyond that . you know it remindes me of a dream i once had , about real and true paranoia un excapable orwellian supper state controled by an omiscentient shadow government where in thee end thee individual realizes that "he" is his own worst enemy since "they" control everything he controles nothng and that even his own said free will in the mastery of his own body is an illushion . they don't even need camras to watch us or wires to listen in , the truth is they ARE in our own heads as both an imaginary non existant consept and as i litteral manifestation , they litteraly ARE IN YOUR MIND??????????????? :D i have been saying it for aslong as i can remeber ... knowlege IS frakin' power , thats a truth . you do well to appreshiate . igorance is also bliss ;)

Posted: 12/28/2010 10:52 AM PST
Oh high and mighty master... if you really DO know the ultimate truth... why don't you just say what it is and be done with it? Or are they watching you even now! Check all the eyes of the paintings! Close the curtains! NO! Keep them open, they want you to close them! Then they'll figure you out! Figure us all out! They'll kill us all!

Posted: 12/28/2010 10:04 AM PST
ThoughtTriage and themaster--Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb. You pick who's who.

Posted: 12/28/2010 4:13 AM PST
oh yeeeessssszzzzzzzzzzzz >:} DAM! you are such a legidary cutie i LOVE you for that! im gonna start anew topic , but that was TRUELLY impressive cutie , i love the first marix film . yessss "a' game" god i love that film AND the saw movies lol! wow .... *takes a breather and hugs you* >'-'< but dispite your massive interlect my point still stands , you still think thee elite are happy in there flaoting hotelike yoats ands there palace manshion houses , ect , ect . if YOU cutie can't see the truth , then we are all really reallllllly doomed lol! DOOOOMED . ..... which is why i gotta do what i gotta do .... but the thing that will really f**k with your mind is this cutie *evil grin* :D everythink you have said is true human , EVERY SINGLE WORD IS NOT HYPOTHETICAL SONARIO BUT FACT ....fact ...yeeesssssss ... the madness :} :P

Posted: 12/27/2010 11:48 AM PST
Correction: MOST of the world is asleep. We are awake. What we choose to do with this is a matter for debate, however something tells me we've had such a debate many times before. Besides, who are you to wake them up? Or for that matter, whose to say you're the one that's awake? What if everyone else was awake, and you were dreaming? What if we were all playing a colossal game with your brain in a vat? Hahahaha! Paranoia, sweep down upon my foes!

Posted: 12/26/2010 4:03 PM PST
no this is no return cutie , its sad that you being one of the hand full of people making this forum worth foruming , or what have you . yet you fail to see what this world has become . my point is it dossen't matter anymore , never had never did ... humanity wont wake up . it can't . people really arn't worth thee effort of it . *throws you a scale teddy bear , bear* -_-

Posted: 12/26/2010 1:00 PM PST
And so he triumphantly returns. I just can't tell which one's which! Is the_master riding on the ass? Or is he the ass?

Posted: 12/26/2010 8:58 AM PST
its all unimportant so what if they cut the frakin beams with saws from the inside and jam packed the supperstructer with explosives and detonated it from building nine or something remotely . it reall dossen't matter because ... people are just to stupid to live any way . im not being rude or offencive just stating up facts ... in this world the civilan is nothing more than a mindless victim to the powers that be and dose not wish nor attempt to change or even see this . so it wouldn't matter if every nuclear bomb in america just exploded and melted the continant into the see in a gellationus mass of radioactive green sludge mutating sea life to monsterous conseptions beyond compare . none of it matters . NOTHING MATTERS ... what happens it wouldn't matter if dick chainey pushed the bomb plunger on that hypothetical ... because the truth is people don't take control of there own lives and aslong as they fail to do this OTHERS always will . 911 was just afew buildings .... people should consider them selves lucky that is wasn't afew countrys blasted to smitherines and afew airplanes crashed into for good messure instead , people are just to stupid . they just self inflict ingorance and thus grief ..... it dossen't matter what happens , even if the moon crashed into thee earth , and was apparently the work of "aliens" to prevoke a subterrainan war with mars , hypothetically it dossen't matter , humanity will never wake up , en' mass because it CAN'T end of . -_-

Posted: 11/9/2010 6:29 PM PST
Ditto.

Posted: 10/30/2010 4:48 PM PDT
AB, you're a great guy.

Posted: 10/29/2010 12:24 PM PDT
ThoughtTriage is a truther and I vote we end the thread here. In my experience truthers don't like good debate they just like lies,bad physics, and chopped photographs.

Posted: 10/29/2010 8:24 AM PDT
By blast do you mean explosions? Are you calling all these people liars? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n-nT-luFIw&feature=related Perhaps the towers didn't fall in the same way as other demolitions you've seen in videos because they were demolished using traditional explosives to pulverise the concrete, and to destroy the steel structure Thermate was used which is a particular version of Thermite, that uses a chemical reaction of metallic powders to produce temperatures of around 2,000°C (over 3,600°F). Thermate includes sulphur which acts to reduce the melting point of steel from around 1,250°C to say 900-1,000°C. This is the only thing that could have caused steel to flash "from solid to liquid within moments". Please consult the scientific findings of Chemical Engineer, Mark Basile for the detail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMkSP0_kUgM The fireball you speak of only lasted seconds and much of the fuel was exhausted within minutes. After that only the contents of the towers were on fire, which can't have been that hot because of the black smoke = lack of oxygen to fuel the fire; also if it was that hot, how could people be seen around the edges of the big holes the aeroplanes had flown in? Okay, the triviality of math and science aside, take a painful look at the second (north) tower that toppled - sorry exploded with blasts that sent debris flying outwards - where the plane struck this tower much higher, affecting only the top 25 or so floors. How could all the reinforced steel of the 80+ floors beneath turn to jelly? The vibrations proceeding the demolition are clear in this next video. Pay close attention to how it falls vertically down right on itself - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGAofwkAOlo&feature=related Check this one out from 3.52 onwards - there's mention of the architects that designed the towers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5_tTRliTDo&p=FE2161FDAA1B6F83&playnext=1&index=7 Hugs, TT.

Posted: 10/26/2010 12:16 PM PDT
Not all math accurately predicts the world. When equations fail to predict the physical outcome of an event, it's called a singularity. Singularities aren't black holes, though black holes are singularities. Singularities are the failure of equations to accurately predict the events that happened. When the sound barrier was broken in flight, the fluid dynamic equations used to describe the flow of air over a wing failed to predict or even explain the turbulence caused by exceeding the sound barrier. That was a singularity. New equations had to be designed to predict the effects of exceeding the sound barrier. That's just what happened with the World Trade Center towers. The architect who designed those towers never envisioned planes full of high octane fuel flying into those towers. His equations never considered a fireball that would vaporize the high tech fireproof coating surrounding the support beams of each floor. The metal flashed from solid to liquid within moments. If you don't accept that, look at the way buildings are brought down by demolition teams. They drop vertically, rather than rain debris ooutward in a blast. Your science is hooey, bub. Return to reality.

Posted: 10/22/2010 10:09 AM PDT
Kind people, going back to the fact I wrote above, it took about 11 seconds for each tower to collapse - let's say each took even 16 seconds. If you were to drop a brick from the pre-collapse height of either tower in a vacuum (which means with no air resistance to slow it down), it would take about 9 1/2 seconds. Let's add 30% to 50% to this time to account for air resistance, we have roughly 12 - 15 seconds. The collapses of each tower took little more than this. This means the underlying structure that wasn't damaged, provided no support for the building on top - not even for a few seconds. Collapsing structures, or even falling things, fall in the path of least resistance. Therefore the floors of the buildings above the plane crash would more likely fall to the side rather than straight down upon the rest, which included the vertical steel columns in the centre that carried the full gravitational load of the buildings. Consider what happened to the 4 inch thick solid concrete of every floor, of the 110 floors in each tower = 90,000 tonnes per tower. The official story assumes the buildings collapsed because the floors 'pancaked' ie a floor fell onto the one beneath, the two then fell onto the one beneath them, and so on (by the way this theory totally ignores the steel columns); as such we'd expect to see some sort of pile of floors, and hence we'd expect most of the mass (things that made up the weight) of the buildings to sit largely within the footprint of each building. This did not happen. In fact very little of the mass of each building remained within its footprint as the theory suggests. Neither, as I'd expect, is there a huge amount of concrete rubble near the footprint. When watching replays it is plain to see that the concrete was pulverised in the air - this is what caused the huge clouds that EXPLODED outwards from the structure, causing parts of the outer steel structure to fly 500 yards away from the edge of the building. The countless videos of the aftermath also show no concrete rubble whatsoever, there is only a very fine powder, which is 2-3 inches thick in some places. Even if a concrete block was dropped from the roof of one of the towers, it would break into many small pieces, but the whole thing wouldn't crush into microscopic pieces. For there to be no rubble at all points to enough explosions at each level to pulverise the concrete such that only dust remained. Check out these vids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Son0BWduQx4&p=FE7A61D42A20C24C http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CeSPA0IVvc&p=35E119852AA4FB4D&playnext=1&index=20 For a hint of balance, this one contradicts part of what I'm saying above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLShZOvxVe4 Hugs.

Posted: 10/16/2010 11:30 AM PDT
My sentiments exactly, Dorchadas. However, ThoughtTriage--who should change his name to "Mental"--refuses to accept the scientific facts about the poor design of the World Trade Center (i.e. the poor construction of the floors of the buildings) and the fact that the fire retardant material in the twin towers became combustionable 700 degrees Farenheit. He's the one unable to accept reality.

Posted: 10/16/2010 4:09 AM PDT
I'm not big on justice when it isn't helpful. I've seen the application of justice where it isn't helpful to anyone other than politicians and a few people who are probably, to put it harshly, stuck in the past. I'm thinking about the inquiries into the massacres perpetrated by the British army during the Troubles here. They cost millions, and I'm very skeptical of anyone who argues that they helped anyone. So basically, my opinion on the subject is who cares? All those people are all dead anyway. Whether or not it was some kind of mad government plan is irrelevant to the present.

Posted: 10/15/2010 3:58 PM PDT

NavarCrow
I have to say, you sound like a "9/11 truther" to me. And I am sorry to be crass with you about it, but if you are, please don't spin it here. We don't need, nor want it. Now if am wrong about that than I can imagine some things like the scenarios Dorchadas pointed out that fit into what you might be saying. But you were somewhat vague as to your premise on this subject. "What I am saying is that we need to temporarily detach ourselves from our veil of blind trust for our governments and media, furthermore from the belief some of us hold of prevailing good human nature and really take a scientific and political objective viewpoint, which has no room for emotions or instinct. The truth is hard to fathom. Therefore you will naturally be repelled from it, casting it off as some hurtful and bizarre whimsy of a glory-seeker. Wake up. Unchain yourself from the mirage that has been fabricated over your analytical mind." Firstly: We do in fact need to detach ourselves from the media in the sense that they are trying to sell their version or coverage of the story. But that is not to say that their is not truth even in a lie. You have to be intelligent enough to discern for yourself which is which. Secondly: Taking a scientific viewpoint is somewhat different than a political one. Politics are based on polls numbers and biased research, science is not. Thirdly: Science does in fact require a decent amount of instinct. You have to know what you are looking for, where to look for it, and when. Observation is a vital key component to science, one which is laden with instinct. Lastly and probably most importantly: "The truth is hard to fathom." Not true at all. In fact it is quite the opposite. The truth is based on the path of least resistance, in that what occurred happened because it was what was easiest for physics to accomplish given the situation. If you are repelled from the truth, than you must have trained yourself not to believe anything. The truth is always right before your eyes, it may not be the easiest thing to see. But it came about through the easiest means possible. That is the path you would need to follow in order to find the truth you seek. Making it any more complicated than that is where the lies fold reality. Food for thought.

Posted: 10/15/2010 11:29 AM PDT
I am no conspiricy theorist, but I actually agree with you on this one. There was certainly something extremely odd about the way the towers collapsed. I'm not jumping to any conclusions on that though. The odd collapse might have been caused by the intense heat stress on sup-par steelwork. That's one theory that doesn't involve Israelis and controlled demolition etc. But I don't think it needs to be some mad conspiricy to cast doubt on the governments actions afterwards. It doesn't take a genious to see that the Bush Administration pounced on 9/11 like the Nazis on the Reichstag fire, for their own purposes. Exactly what those purposes were - to make money off rearming the navy with cruise missiles after the attack on Iraq from the gulf, to secure foreign oil, to make money from contracting restoration work on destroyed countries etc.- doesn't really matter all that much.

Posted: 10/15/2010 10:02 AM PDT
I know someone who fell that terrible day, so RIP to you, friend. I know a number of people who knew people that fell or were directly injured on that dreadful day, or fell ill as a consequence later or indirectly because of that devastating day. I am no hater of religions, people that follow them without harming others, nor am I patriotic to any land mass carved up and arbitrarily named by ruthless men. We all watched the 'show' on the day. Again. Again. Again and again we were bombarded with the surreal images such that we can never forget, and rather deviously such that we will always recall emotive images of people jumping from buildings. We don't want to forget them, or the countless others that perished. We need to realise. We must realise, at least to some extent, what actually happened, who caused it, who or what ideas benefited and what it allowed to happen to the world as we know it. There are a number of inconsistencies and omissions in terms of what we were told by the global mass media regarding the lead up to the 'show', the events of day itself, the 'analysis' afterwards and the treatment of the evidence. I'm not a 'denier' of any sort. I'm not saying "aliens came down and did it". Neither am I some crazed conspiracy theorist who stands to gain anything from making good people think back to hurtful memories. What I am saying is that we need to temporarily detach ourselves from our veil of blind trust for our governments and media, furthermore from the belief some of us hold of prevailing good human nature and really take a scientific and political objective viewpoint, which has no room for emotions or instinct. The truth is hard to fathom. Therefore you will naturally be repelled from it, casting it off as some hurtful and bizarre whimsy of a glory-seeker. Wake up. Unchain yourself from the mirage that has been fabricated over your analytical mind. ONE FACT to hopefully instigate doubt in the official story, and then I hope to get you to allow yourself to question more into other aspects: Each of the towers took approximately 11 secs to 'collapse' to the ground. EXPLANATION: Try to YouTube "Jeff King MIT", or "Jim Hoffman 911", or "controlled demolition", or "zeitgeist 911", or all of them. I'm not saying believe everything you see / hear. I'm saying think about it objectively and draw your own conclusions. A definition of TERROR: Violence committed or threatened by a group to intimidate or coerce a population, as for military or political purposes.