This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 2/19/2010 7:16 AM PST
I didn't think of it that way. Hmm... I guess Writer's block have me. *Frowns* Writing has started feeling like a chore. I love writing- but it gets so tedious. I get interupted so many times, that I can't go with the flow no more. Concidering stopping in mid sentence- which might work. Or else start writing in another room. I shall try it now. I am going to try and write a thousand words.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 11/22/2009 11:48 AM PST
great advice

Posted: 10/13/2009 5:20 PM PDT
Interesting take on things.

Posted: 10/13/2009 1:25 AM PDT
I was in a meeting today and we were discussing writer's block and painter's block. In the meeting I was pleased as punch to have had a counselor as the speaker on this particular occasion. One thing he said to me that made a ton of sense, Do you have writer's block or does Writer's block have you? I didn't even have to think about it, Writer's Block Had me and I knew it. It wasn't wether I had a deadline or that I felt dominated by my everyday doings, I just happened to let myself get bogged down by the to do list of my life and got ran over by block after block. When things start to feel like a chore, time to step back and say Woaw wait a minute, when did something I have always loved to do turn into a chore. You may need to do some deep thinking on your part but ultimatly you will have to decided when enough is enough and just break on through by writing or drawing painting sculpting Whatever comes out of you. Feel free to create the worst junk in the world but understand, if you are still feeling crowded by the so called, perfection bug then you are not really expressing yourself freely, your holding back a bit too much trying to reign in every little thing. So if you write, what do you do? Start with a notebook, a fairly decent pen, and you start with the words, I remember and don't stop writing till you reach the end of the page, don't try to stop or make correction, just do it mindlessly. If you like you can keep writing if you have more to say or if you feel you have met a quota of a page well then there yu go, you wrote a page. Wishing you all the best and many blessings, your friend, Sanctuaryrose