This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 9/19/2008 1:53 AM PDT
the original concept i had for the story was for it to be a few short stories telling one big story, maybe around four or five. Then as of late, i started to realize that is going to be harder. So now, i am trying to not change what i have, but turn it into novel format, i guess i can say. but i think you gave me some ideas for a few chapters. Tommy, Sarah, and Susan on the run being chased by the hell-riders, which are the second phase the armageddon
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 9/18/2008 8:57 PM PDT
I think your characters need to go on a journey of sorts, then, and they can stumble across the people they need to meet as they are fleeing. Perhaps the death truck comes back; the killers operating the truck have wiped most people out, so now they're being more careful and tracking down the survivors. Tommy has to protect Susan and Sarah, and transport them with the broken leg, all the while dodging the killers and scavenging the decimated landscape. Eventually they stumble across the others. There are so many cool, abandoned places you could have them hide: half-evacuated hospitals, ransacked grocery stores, playgrounds full of bones.

Posted: 9/18/2008 3:59 PM PDT
well i guess i have been trying to get them to a certain point, as in meeting certain people and things before i throw in the plot twist. There is atleast three more characters that i want them to run into: The guy in chapter 3 (can't remember his name right now), a girl named eva, and a "demon" group called the hell-riders. They're all kind of spread out in the way they meet, well they really don't "meet" the hell-riders, they more or less run into them. as for eva, i have a few thoughts brewing in the back of my mind about what i want to do with her, i am thinking something along the lines of betrayal...

Posted: 9/18/2008 2:49 PM PDT
WEll, I took a look at what you have so far and I'd be happy to bounce ideas around with you. Where are you heading next with the plot? If you can't remember, I can come up with some suggestions . . .

Posted: 9/17/2008 11:40 PM PDT
I do, well did, have the plot planned out. since i stopped working on it i have forgotten everything about it. also, it doesn't help that i am half way around the world from my notes (literally). I am stuck because i can't figure out how to get there. I have a rough image of how it's suppose to go, but getting to the points in my thinking, i guess would be the problem.

Posted: 9/17/2008 1:29 PM PDT
I'd be happy to take a look at it, but I have a quick question for you first, about your writer's block. Do you have the plot planned out? Are you stuck because you can't figure out where to go, or because you can't figure out how to get there?

Posted: 9/17/2008 12:08 PM PDT
I have a project on here that i am working on, I moved over to this site to see if i can get some new insight into it. i started writing it about a year ago. I got through the first two parts (there really not chapters), and then just got writer's block on it. I guess one reason was because i was busy doing other things at the time (I really had no choice in the matter), and put it aside. i have written other stories since, but can't seem to pick this one back up. maybe someone around here can help me. http://www.webook.com/project/Hell-on-Earth that is the link to my project (if that helps or not, i don't know i am new to this page.) any criticism (except on my grammar, i still haven't fixed all of that yet.) so please if you can help me. PLEASE DO!