This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 10/29/2008 1:17 PM PST
Yeah a general plot synopsis would help lol.... Well it's a fantasy/supernatural story obviously. It's called Wrath of the Dragon King: The Twin Scrolls. It's on the site if you're interested in reading it...(i know shameless advertising) A young village boy named Kumello finds an odd scroll in the river, and afterwards he keeps having strange visions, and odd feelings. He and his older brother Jelani go into town to sell it, but the shopkeeper tries to rip them off. Later at the bar, Jelani gets into a fight with soldier and wins. The general who was presant at the time, convinces Jelani to recruit into the local lord's army. Jelani promises Kumello that after he's made a name for himself he will return. Not long after Jelani's departure, monsters called Oni attack the village. Kumello's rage at the sight awakens something inside of him that allows him to kill the remaining Oni. But is quickly dispatched by the Oni leader. He's saved by village hermit Baruti who reveals that Kumello is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior who sealed away a great evil called the Dragon King. So basically Kumello must get to the capitol of their country, warn the Emperor, and fight the Dragon King's horde of demons, half-demons, and sadistic killers. And further along Kumello meets up with Jelani again, but he's evil, which brings us back to my original question. I hope the plot summary helped with the context. And because I'm not sure which direction to go I haven't decided if Jelani should live or not
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 10/29/2008 1:05 PM PST
I don't really understand the concept of the story....is it supernatural? What's the general plot? From the two bare options, i'd say B sounds more exciting as it would build up the reader's will for the main character to succeed. However, it also depends on whether you want the older brother to live at the end of the story.

Posted: 10/28/2008 5:44 PM PST
So in my novel I have the older brother of the main character turn evil, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Should I: A.) Have the older brother fall on his own, and when he fights the main character tries to convince him to join OR B.) Have the villain possess the brother with the soul of one his officers, and the sub-plot revolves around the main character trying to find a way to save his brother which would make the story more exciting or dramatic?