This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Questions or comments about PageToFame? Let us know!
Posted: 5/16/2011 7:33 PM PDT
I thought the reviews might show up immediately in R3 since the very act of writing a review indicates that consideration was given (instead of the hit-and-run problem of the earlier rounds). Now I have to hold my breath for three days... ;-)
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 5/16/2011 5:54 PM PDT
You won't see mine for three days. I didn't go into depth since I critiqued most of it previously, but no I didn't give it a 2. I read the other review, and I disagree with it. They didn't want you to make the MC cliche, but every suggestion was a cliche. The fact that Brill is more interested in psychology than detective work makes him different.

Posted: 5/16/2011 5:15 PM PDT
Thanks Lanette. (I can't see anything yet, but I hope you didn't give me a 2 like my only other review. Since it's the only one I've received so far, it carries a kind of absolute judgement—and staring at it gives me a complex!)

Posted: 5/16/2011 5:04 PM PDT
I finally rated the Squirrel's submission.

Posted: 5/10/2011 7:11 AM PDT
Sue, once again your being British has got you mispronouncing words. Coq au vin should be cock au vin and you are right, it does tastes different than chat au vin. Also, one of the days news headines and news stories- Woman Strips Naked on Delta Flight Passengers on a Delta flight Saturday got a "show" when a woman stripped naked and began to make a scene during their flight. Flight 6562, en route from Chicago to New York, was descending to Kennedy Airport when the woman removed her clothes, reports USA TODAY. A Newsday manager who was also on the flight said flight attendants tried to cover the woman with a blanket, but she yelled "No! No! No!" The woman, reportedly in her 20s, was taken into custody by local law enforcement. According to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, she was taken to Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in Queens. No criminal charges are expected. FYI, I haven't flown lately so this wasn't me. I felt it necessary to point that out

Posted: 5/10/2011 5:48 AM PDT
Devi... the recipe is coq au vin, NOT chat au vin... it won't taste the same if you start substituting the ingredients - you know that, right?

Posted: 5/9/2011 2:27 PM PDT
Devi, I love the new profile pic! It's even more deranged than mine!

Posted: 5/8/2011 9:35 AM PDT
Devi had her portrait up as a profile all last week. I asked her to take it down because I couldn't concentrate on my writing anymore. Of course, the ass didn't help things either. 'Nuff said.

Posted: 5/8/2011 6:49 AM PDT
Most everyone just looks at my ass :)

Posted: 5/8/2011 5:53 AM PDT
You have a gorgeous ass. What does your face look like? Kim, Sue, and I have shown our faces. Don't say it's a shame our masks went back up if you haven't taken yours down at all.

Posted: 5/7/2011 8:11 PM PDT
OK, Lanette, but just for you.

Posted: 5/7/2011 11:40 AM PDT
What's wrong with the artist's model? If it was good enough for Victor...

Posted: 5/7/2011 11:02 AM PDT
Devi, I love the paintings, but can we see you instead some artist's model?

Posted: 5/7/2011 10:32 AM PDT
Kim, you of all people should be ashamed. You do know that the next step to spanking it while looking AT a hot girl is spanking it WITH another hot girl.

Posted: 5/7/2011 9:57 AM PDT
How embarrassing....sorry, Mom!

Posted: 5/7/2011 9:35 AM PDT
OMG, she's such a slut! If I were you people, I'd completely ingnore her and hope she just goes away because she's annoying. She is way hot though, you have to admit. Also, to any of you who downloaded her nude pic and have been spanking to it, you do realize that all your dead family members in heaven who're watching, can see you doing that, right. Shame on you.

Posted: 5/7/2011 9:15 AM PDT
I think everyone went incognito again....except Devi, who's still showing off her kitty. What a little hussy.

Posted: 5/6/2011 8:46 PM PDT
What happened to the hot blonde?

Posted: 5/6/2011 6:59 PM PDT
Apparently I missed a lot of it too. I had to take a run to the Urgent Care Center to get a breathing treatment and that was BEFORE I saw the Squirrel's picture. Now I think I need to double the inhaler dose. Are you messing with us, Frank?? No man is that hot unless he's a hero in one of my novels....or Finn, of course. And Vanessa - FYI - I was leaning over a Fat Boy, not a Harley - Devi got a little confused. I just love big, burley guys...and the tattoo was one of those lick 'em and stick 'em on kind. Totally tasteful, vs the other two woman who flaunted their kitties all over the place. The little slut muffins. So....Frank, I think we need to talk about the company you've been keeping....

Posted: 5/6/2011 5:28 PM PDT
Vanessa Have fun on vacation. Don't stress about your letter, the RC crew is on it. I'm just waiting for Squirrel to set the date and I'm there. Also, you all missed it, but we were all playing around with our profile pics, and I put up a picture of a litle kitty, then Lanette put up a hot pic of herself naked and dancing on a stripper's pole, then Kim put up one of herself naked and leaning over the seat of a Harley Davidson and showing off her tattoos, and then I put up a very tasteful nude pic, not at all like the other slutty girls, and then I put up a picture of a monkey holdng a gun hence, gun-monkey, and I think we all know who the fuck-monkey is. So yeah, that's how I remember it. Anyway, you missed it. It was awesome :)

Posted: 5/6/2011 5:23 PM PDT
There's already been one fictional account of William Wallace. Maybe something factual this time. Your trip sounds so fun. Take me with you!

Posted: 5/6/2011 5:11 PM PDT
Paris, London, Edinborough, Isle of Skye. We have to visit wineries and go to tastings so we can improve our vineyard here at home... sigh. My husband wants to see the ruins of the ancestral family castle (Morton castle, believe it or not), just don't mind the grass growing through the floor and the partial walls, missing roof, etc. Maybe I should go in a different direction and write historical fiction about a young Morton wench who worked behind the lines with William Wallace and Robert the Bruce?

Posted: 5/6/2011 5:03 PM PDT
Have a great time on your vacation. Where are you going?

Posted: 5/6/2011 4:57 PM PDT
Frank I like your website for Inner Eye. Are you and Devi going to invite us to the wedding? Team, I just posted a revised query letter - thanks for all the input. the other chapters are coming down because I'm going on vacation, but I'm asking Devi to save any more query comments and email them to me. Devi I owe you big time.

Posted: 5/6/2011 4:49 PM PDT
I'm with you, Squirrel, I have no idea what she's talking about.

Posted: 5/6/2011 4:34 PM PDT
?

Posted: 5/6/2011 4:25 PM PDT
Lanette, If you wanna, you can totally pet my monkey. This is a gun monkey. Maybe later I'll put back the picture of the fuck-monkey. FYI, the fuck-monley also knows how to use a gun.

Posted: 5/6/2011 3:50 PM PDT
I put the hot pic back up because some ghost flitted around, and I decided to show it to him. I definitely think that ALL of us should take down the pics of our cute, sexy selves and put up the worst pics we can find just to confuse people who wander in here later. That'll teach 'em to ignore WeBook forums.

Posted: 5/6/2011 3:46 PM PDT
Well, bi-something at the very least. Now that you've taken your hot picture back down (I'm sad that you did), I'll have to put the pic of my kitty back up. That will leave only Kim, and she'll probably take hers down too, and then anyone reading this forum thread will be like OK, WTF went on here. And OMG, did you see that Squirrel is man candy? I'm gonna go and take a shower now and play with my shower massager. OMG, no wownder he keeps rejecting me. He's WAY to good for me. Sigh And I read Romeo and Juliet just to impress him, too

Posted: 5/6/2011 3:34 PM PDT
You call my wanting to pet your cat awkward, then you offer a three-some with the Squirrel? Did you just go bipolar on us?

Posted: 5/6/2011 3:31 PM PDT
Also, Lanette, as smoking hot as you are, I just realized that my posting a nude pic of myself makes some of your earlier comments relative to my kitty now a bit awkward. And Yeah, OMG, Squirrrel, tonight is THE night. You could totally nail us both. No really, you could be the meat in a Lanette and devi sandwich!

Posted: 5/6/2011 3:25 PM PDT
Lanette, I'm saving myself for marriage and I just KNOW that Squirrel's the man for me. Sigh!

Posted: 5/6/2011 3:16 PM PDT
Squirrel, if that's really you, I'm getting into a cat fight with Devi over your hot self.

Posted: 5/6/2011 3:07 PM PDT
:)

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:53 PM PDT
We are hot, and you're such a tease leading poor Senor Squirrel on, then telling him not tonight. You're a cruel, cruel mistress.

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:50 PM PDT
Lanette, No, leave it up. You're totally hot and these RC guys who keep bailing on us NEED to know what they're missing. I think the Squirrel finally appreciates what's he's got here. We have all the flavors. Redhead, Blonde, and Brunette. I mean, come on, we're hot!

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:46 PM PDT
so, tonight's off?

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:45 PM PDT
Squirrel - Devi - I think you're both nuts...but I guess that's a whole different subject, which I pray thee wilst not delve into.

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:42 PM PDT
Squirrel, my adoring love - Well, do not swear. Although I joy in thee, I have no joy of this contract to-night. It is too rash, too unadvis'd, too sudden; Too like the lightning, which doth cease to be Ere one can say ‘It lightens.’ Sweet, good night! This bud of love, by summer's ripening breath, May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet. Good night, good night! As sweet repose and rest Come to thy heart as that within my breast!

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:41 PM PDT
I feel much better now with this new pic.

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:36 PM PDT
Catch you all later - I have to go stock up on my Depends. You know how us old broads are...

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:36 PM PDT
Devi, I am no pilot; yet, wert thou as far As that vast shore wash'd with the farthest sea, I would adventure for such merchandise.

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:35 PM PDT
This thread is getting pretty steamy.

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:35 PM PDT
You are exposed, Lanette, but at least you're not showing off your kitty like some people we know.

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:33 PM PDT
This pic won't stay up long. I'm starting to feel exposed.

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:29 PM PDT
“Three words, dear Squirrel, and good night indeed. If that thy bent of love be honourable, Thy purpose marriage, send me word tomorrow, By one that I'll procure to come to thee, Where and what time thou wilt perform the rite; And all my fortunes at thy foot I'll lay And follow thee my lord throughout the world.” “By and by, I come: To cease thy suit, and leave me to my grief:

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:26 PM PDT
OMG, we are ALL hot girls! I have tasteful art photos of me nude. Anyone interested? Cause, I'd totally put one up.

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:18 PM PDT
The masks have come off....your turn, Frank :)

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:14 PM PDT
Is this better, Squirrel?

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:10 PM PDT
It's getting hard to concentrate with all the profile pictures lately...

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:06 PM PDT
Hey, what gives?? For like a year, no one puts up an avatar of themselves, and then when I take mine down, you other girls put pics of youselves up so we can all see how totally HOT you all are. I mean can we not coordinate what we're doing here? OK, The next one I put up is gonna be me naked. No really, a real picture of devi's kitty.

Posted: 5/6/2011 2:02 PM PDT
Kim, do we finally get to see what you look like? The blonde in the picture is beautiful!

Posted: 5/6/2011 1:58 PM PDT
Really Lanette? Do you REALLY think the Squirrel is safe from me anywhere, especially up a tree? Also, Kim, strange and perverse may not be all that strange and perverse, if it's the usual.

Posted: 5/6/2011 1:56 PM PDT
This conversation is going downhill real fast....

Posted: 5/6/2011 1:49 PM PDT
I do have a cute kitty and if Lanette wants to pet it she can.

Posted: 5/6/2011 1:34 PM PDT
Senor Squirrel, run! Find the nearest tree and hide.

Posted: 5/6/2011 1:32 PM PDT
That brought little tears to my eyes Devi - but the only part I really got was that you are perverse and strange....did I miss something??

Posted: 5/6/2011 1:29 PM PDT
“Thou know'st the mask of night is upon my face, Else would a maiden blush bepaint my cheek For that which thou hast heard me speak tonight Fain would I dwell on form, fain, fain deny What I have spoke: but farewell compliment! Dost thou love me? I know thou wilt say 'Ay,' And I will take thy word: yet if thou swear'st, thou mayst prove false; at lovers' perjuries Then say, Jove laughs. O gentle Squirrrel, If thou dost love, pronounce it faithfully: Or if thou think'st I am too quickly won, I'll frown and be perverse, and say thee nay, So thou wilt woo; but else, not for the world. In truth, fair Squirrel, I am too fond, And therefore thou mayst think my 'havior light: But trust me, gentleman, I'll prove more true than those more cunning to be strange. I should have been more strange, I must confess, But that thou overheard'st, ere I was ware, My true love's passion: therefore pardon me, And not impute this yielding to light love, Which the dark night hath so discovered.”

Posted: 5/6/2011 1:23 PM PDT
See Frank - told you I don't look a day over 55 Lanette - leave the kitty kitty alone Devi - stop teasing

Posted: 5/6/2011 1:21 PM PDT
Devi, you have such a cute kitty! I want to reach through the screen and pet it.

Posted: 5/6/2011 1:12 PM PDT
Now I'm so confused.

Posted: 5/6/2011 1:09 PM PDT
Ummm....Devi - that kinda made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Don't listen to her Frank...she had "Whiskey for my friends, Beer for my horses", cranked up at full volume last night.

Posted: 5/6/2011 1:02 PM PDT
Squirrel, If the devi could make you do anything, you'd have done her by now. I really don't know why you continue to make me beg. I sit night after night all alone and lonely, listening to Patsy Cline singing, Crazy, and crying my eyes out. You're a heartless and cruel man and I love and adore you more with each day. Oh, how you torment! My girlfriends all ask me why I behave as I do, and I tell them, "I know, someday he'll come for me. Someday my Squirrel, my Prince, will come for me, and until that day, I'm saving myself for only him." I know Squirrel, that someday you'll come for me. I know it within my heart. SIGH!

Posted: 5/6/2011 12:56 PM PDT
How are my reviews supposed to stay anonymous if I'm the only one reviewing? I'm glad I gave passing ratings to the three I've done so far, but what if I come across vampire chick lit? How can I vomit the critique and not get lynched since the writer will know who I am?

Posted: 5/6/2011 12:49 PM PDT
I don't suppose the idea occured to them to get more Expert Raters. I haven't even bothered to post my R3 sub because there's no one there to rate it. I think it took 3 months for the last R3 sub to get enough ratings to move on to the final round. How many R3 raters are left standing anyway?

Posted: 5/6/2011 12:42 PM PDT
Shhhh... don't tell anyone, but Stuart's the sexy bald guy.

Posted: 5/6/2011 12:37 PM PDT
Squirrel, I think your R3 entry is next in my queue. I just started read DAUGHTER OF THE GUILLIOTINE, and I've 3 others that have popped up in the latest rounds, but the reviewers are dropping like a graveyard full of zombies. Of the 3, I've only seen one other review. Two of the entries only have my critique listed.

Posted: 5/6/2011 12:35 PM PDT
I think Frank just came up with a new excuse for everything.... And, the only sexy bald guy that lusts after me is my husband but that's only because he's suddenly decided he likes big butts....oh, and because I've hidden his glasses. Actually, he's not bald....according to him, that shiny spot on the top of his head is caused from wearing hats all the time.

Posted: 5/6/2011 12:31 PM PDT
Who is this sexy bald guy? Keep him away.

Posted: 5/6/2011 12:27 PM PDT
At least you're not the only one, Kim. Me and the sexy bald guy who lusts after Devi are up there in age with you.

Posted: 5/6/2011 12:21 PM PDT
The Devi made me do it...

Posted: 5/6/2011 10:15 AM PDT
Whatever dude - now Devi's got all of you calling me an old broad. I've got two words for y'all, and it ain't "love ya"

Posted: 5/6/2011 9:50 AM PDT
I've gone PTF-loco lately. I've got four entries in Round 1 (mostly ideas I'm playing with), an alternate opening to Inner Eye in Round 2, and my 50-page entry languishing in Round 3 (entered on April 4 but no ratings yet). By the time Kim is 76, I'll be at least 40, but that's still old, right? ;-P

Posted: 5/6/2011 9:05 AM PDT
Just wanted to share - Dream Lover finally made it into R2. I'm also curious as to where everyone else stands in PTF. I've got one in the Final round, one in R1, one in R2, and one in R3. I figure by the time I'm 76 years old, my subs will have advanced to the next level - all but the Final round entry, which seems to be stuck in limbo.

Posted: 3/12/2011 5:51 AM PST
Congrats Kim! Get thee to an agency and get published! You're writing is slick.

Posted: 3/11/2011 12:41 PM PST
Congratulations Kim - I think the fact that 5 of your submissions have got through to round 3 says it all really. Whether the round 3 raters accept it or not, your writing has broad reader appeal. And it's reader appeal that sells books... :)

Posted: 3/11/2011 8:46 AM PST
Awesome Kim - great job getting another one to Round 3. My subs are all still gathering ratings in Rd 1. My best sub is at 80% and my worst is a dismal 11%

Posted: 3/11/2011 7:44 AM PST
CONGRATS! I wish I was a round 3 rater :P

Posted: 3/11/2011 7:37 AM PST
I know - the little ho ho

Posted: 3/11/2011 6:03 AM PST
That's shocking! She's going to scandalize the romance market.

Posted: 3/11/2011 5:20 AM PST
Oh yeah, and you should also know it has a stupid premise and is kind of waffley with a bunch of weenie verbs in it - and don't look for depth in my characters because they're one dimensional. My hero's name is way to sexy, and he's a hunka-hunka-burning love, which we all know doesn't work in romances. And just to throw you off - my FC is not a virgin.

Posted: 3/11/2011 5:17 AM PST
Hmmmm....maybe I should do a little rewriting before I submit those 50 pages. You know...cut down the POV switching, do more showing than telling...or is it more telling than showing....oh hell, I remember now - it has something to do with spicy dishes...better do some research first too.

Posted: 3/11/2011 5:07 AM PST
I'll be looking for a formulaic romance with multiple POV switches.

Posted: 3/11/2011 4:53 AM PST
Yeah - I've had 5 novels make it to R3 and all but one got kicked to the curb. Some of the R3 raters have hostilitlies towards "formula romances" and switching POV's within a scence - something that's perfectly acceptable within the genre but I still get bludgeoned for it. Now I have 2 in R3.

Posted: 3/11/2011 1:01 AM PST
Congrats Kim! I thought you had made it in long ago?

Posted: 3/11/2011 12:02 AM PST
Finally made it into Round 3 - 99 votes and 69%. And now the real torture begins....

Posted: 2/17/2011 8:33 AM PST
Yes! The number of people rating P2F is getting smaller, from what I can tell, and they are biased toward sensationalism and quick highs. Without the collegialism of the RC, I probably would have dropped out of WEBook a while ago.

Posted: 2/17/2011 5:32 AM PST
As I said before, I didn't think I would experience panic once my sub became officially available to the hands of R3 raters. My R1 sub is the 2nd revision. I deleted the other two because they were doing so poorly. So for the current one, I only have 5 votes- One 1, one 2, two 3s, one 4. And btw, the latest version is based on the awesome feedback I got in the RC, which tells me there's something fundamentally wrong with the sci-fi/fantasy raters on this site.

Posted: 2/17/2011 5:16 AM PST
Ooohhh.....so now your sub is in the hands of the R3 raters. That's awesome news - you have officially advanced from a nail bitter to an ulcer victim. Welcome to the club! Seriously, I think you'll do great - :) What's the rating and number of votes on your R1 sub? Keep in mind the elevation criteria is lower for that level than the other two so you may be doing better than you think.

Posted: 2/17/2011 4:28 AM PST
I have 2 subs in P2F. The first one made to Round 3 a few weeks ago; hence, this thread. But it's been "formatting" until yesterday. My second sub is failing in Round 1.

Posted: 2/16/2011 7:29 PM PST
I'm offically confused - did your own sub make it into R3?

Posted: 2/16/2011 7:03 PM PST
OMG! I just checked, and I have 2 Round 3 submissions waiting for me to rate. This means I'm now on the chopping block. I'm too scared to watch.

Posted: 2/16/2011 6:45 PM PST
I just checked my R3 submission, and it's done formatting. I've been waiting for this, but now all of the sudden I feel panic.

Posted: 2/2/2011 6:02 PM PST
My Round One was elevated after 138 reviews.

Posted: 2/1/2011 8:50 PM PST
Thanks, Kreeves! 2 weeks ago it got kicked up. I have 14 votes in round 2 so far, holding at 79%.

Posted: 2/1/2011 7:40 PM PST
When was that, Weight? I know they've lowered the elevation levels in the past few months because of how slow ratings are coming in and was curious as to when yours was elevated - although I seem to recall your sub popped up as one of my favorites a weeks or so ago. I'd given it a 5 on the last round - before I even knew who you were. I noticed some changes, and though I like both versions, the revised one seems more polished. I gave it a 5 on the 2nd round too and wish you the best of luck in Round 3.

Posted: 2/1/2011 5:30 PM PST
I went through with 114 votes.

Posted: 2/1/2011 3:52 PM PST
I'm pretty sure 80 is the elevation level to Round 3 - it's been excruciatingly slow but I'm at 70 votes witn 72%. I also have a Round 1 sub at 63 votes - does anyone know the elevation level for R1?

Posted: 2/1/2011 3:47 PM PST
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say except that WeBook posts who I am when someone clicks on it, so I'll go ahead and take the risk in telling you. TO DANCE WITH THE SATYR, but they're not done with the formatting. I understand that takes some time. I had 81 ratings when it elevated, so you probably have another two months to go.

Posted: 2/1/2011 3:31 PM PST
Excellent! congratulations. What's the name of your submission? My Round 2 is still in rating, with 39 reviews so far. How many reviews did you have when they made the decision?

Posted: 1/21/2011 6:49 AM PST
Really!? Voldemort's on Webook? Cool!

Posted: 1/21/2011 4:03 AM PST
Yea! I stil have friends. I also received a message from he who must not be named.

Posted: 1/20/2011 10:57 PM PST
That's fantastic Lanette! And your friends are still around - scattered across WEbook, but present! Congratulations! :)

Posted: 1/20/2011 7:42 PM PST
We're here - cheering you on. Congrats, you deserve it....even if you don't believe in faeries :)

Posted: 1/20/2011 7:20 PM PST
Congrats, Lanette! Some of your friends are still here!

Posted: 1/20/2011 6:29 PM PST
I'm now in Round 3. I wish my friends were still around to read this.