This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > WEbook's Writing Workshop > Writing Groups > Choose your own adventure collaborative writing
Drum up support for a new WEbook writing group and connect to WEbookers with similar interests.
Posted: 9/17/2009 6:30 AM PDT
Hi guys, I think I posted the last one in the wrong area, at least, it seems it would fit better here. I am just finishing up the website which will host what I hope will become a favorite spot for many writers. The name doesn't quite fit in with it, but it's what I had to work on and will likely change in the near future. Anyhow, the website is www.funnyHQ.com and all it needs to take off is some good writers who take their writing seriously. Here's how it works: You can either start a new story or continue where someone left off on another story. New stories must be in a certain format, namely, leaving the option for choices at the end of each "page". 2 to 4 paragraphs is usually a good beginning. When you're finished adding your story, 4 links will be added to the bottom. Each of these links will say "Add a new choice", at which point other users can click on a link, add a possible choice for the character in the story to make and then continue with another 2 to 4 paragraphs as if the character had made that choice. So it goes until all branches of the story lead to an ending. An ending can be created by selecting one of the choice slots (if available) and setting it as an ending. At that point, you create the end of that branch of the story. We are looking for anyone of any age who loves writing to join us and help the stories grow to amazing sizes! We have put in place a self moderation system whereby members can report parts of the story that are considered trash, spam, junk...etc. We read every report and will delete the offending page if it needs to be deleted. We ask all our writers to watch out for junk pages and report them right away (it's a simple click of a button) because if someone continues on from there and the page ends up being deleted later on, everything branching out from that page is gone forever. You will have to come experience it for yourself to really get a feel for how it all works. If all goes well, the stories could be re-read hundreds, or even thousands of times with a new and different ending each time! We accept stories of all types, rated G to Adult, but only 18+ can view adult stories, so we prefer if a majority of them were PG or even G. The genre is up to you. You never know how your story will turn out when other people start adding on to it, so be sure to keep track of what's going on, and even add some choices to your own story now and then! I sincerely hope you will join me and bring anyone you know that REALLY enjoys reading / writing. I'm so excited to finally being able to announce the site going live! Best wishes to all,
Sign-Up or Login to Reply