This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > WEbook's Writing Workshop > The Writing Challenges > From the Mouths of Babes (and others)
A place to post your ideas for new writing challenges, and thoughts on the current challenge.
Posted: 9/25/2010 12:26 PM PDT
>>In 200 words or less describe a scene in which a child character surprises another character of any age. It could be anything from wisdom to misbehavior to intelligence. This one may not sound like a challenge - but try it! Writing in a child's voice (and POV) was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I finally caught one of my little nieces at a family get-together and told her a 'story' - then ask her to go tell it to her Grandmother. I sat back and made note of her body language and the things that changed during the 'retelling' of my story. I suppose if you have small ones around to listen to and watch - it's not so difficult.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 8/23/2010 5:11 PM PDT
I have been working on a writing prompt project (A Prompt a Day) every day for about three and a half months now so I have a couple ideas: In 200 words or less describe a scene in which a child character surprises another character of any age. It could be anything from wisdom to misbehavior to intelligence. In 150 words or less describe a character's reaction to a piece of someone else's body. In A Prompt a Day, I've done hands and a voice, but it could be anything. The reaction could be shock/horror, fascination or another emotion, positive or negative. Describe an argument (about anything) in 200 words or less. Write a scene of 200 words or less in which a character is reminded of something that they have lost. Write a 150 word scene about a competition. Okay, that's more than a couple . . . But I hope at least one is useful.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply