This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:19 AM PDT
Hello my name is Sara Billbrough What are the good Ideas I have been a writer since I was twelve and may be able to help you out. 
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 7/26/2013 12:49 PM PDT

((I am no professional and am also in the beginning stages of writing my stories out.)) Write down everything! keep a note book, a computer file, or messy stack of index cards, anything. Just record each of your ideas as soon as you can, no matter how lame or silly you may think the idea is. Because even the smallest or lamest idea can grow and change into something awesome! And if you don't record everything to look back at later, you will highly regret it like I do here. When having a block sometimes it helps to go back to old ideas and see if it jogs any new ideas or a new perspective on your current project. Also- when coming up with the little events that will happen in your stories, (I have heard about this and have tried it.) record them on note cards. They don't have to/(actually shouldn't) be in order and some events can be skipped. The note card technique will help a lot with figuring out the perfect time line and chain of events that will happen in your story - it makes it easy to change the order of the events around without having to erase and re-write out the time line when experimenting with the story time line. Good luck!

Posted: 7/22/2013 8:06 AM PDT
Don't start at the beginning. Take one of those ideas and write it. Remember that details can always be changed later such as character names, locations, that sort of stuff. I have a folder on my computer that is nothing but scenes. Occasionally I write a story that ends up using the scene, sometimes the scene develops and becomes it's own story. Hope this helps.

Posted: 7/21/2013 9:29 PM PDT
I have some really great ideas but I have no idea where to begin!! I'm a new writer.