This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > WEbook's Writing Workshop > NaNoWriMo > Welcome to the NaNoWriMo Forum
Posted: 11/11/2014 5:44 AM PST
Thanks, Alec. I'll keep you posted.

Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 11/11/2014 5:38 AM PST
Sounds brilliant, a series of novellas is a great idea to hook those readers in. I won't pry anymore but I will wish you good luck.
Let's know how you get on when things are more finalised...if you don't mind o'course.

Posted: 11/11/2014 5:04 AM PST
I haven't received the contract, yet, so I don't want to say anything until all is signed and notarized. I sent one of my novels to an American publisher several months ago. They contacted me recently about turning it into a series of novellas, and we had an online meeting about it last Thursday. After we discussed ideas, the timeline, and contract terms, they sent me a standard copy of the contract. I agreed to the terms, so now they're mailing me a physical copy. And I'm working hard to break the book into sections and add to each section.

Posted: 11/11/2014 4:54 AM PST
Congratulations, Lanette, that sounds like great news.

Ballet, hey, I'm sure some of those high kicks would come in handy if needed.

So this novel, where, or how, is it being serialised? If you don't mind me asking?

Posted: 11/11/2014 4:46 AM PST
Never mind. Jujitsu. I quit because I didn't have time for both that and ballet. I prefer to dance.

Posted: 11/11/2014 4:32 AM PST
Hello Alec,

All is well. One of my novels is being contracted for serialization, so very busy with that.

What's a JJ?

Posted: 11/11/2014 3:39 AM PST
Hi Lanette,

I know the 'L' stands for Lettuce, the 'B' for Bacon and the 'T' for Tomato but what does the 'G' stand for?

Sorry, Lanette, being silly, just wanted to say 'hello'. How's the JJ going?

Best Wishes

Alec

Posted: 11/2/2013 10:21 AM PST
Technically, I can't really participate in NaNo because I'm pretty close to halfway finished with my current WIP, but I have decided to push myself to finish this month. What am I writing about? LGBT Anna Karenina set in 1990 underground arts community? Yeah, something like that.

Posted: 11/1/2013 2:49 AM PST

hlk88

NaNoWriMo is a great training tool for any writer, it's a project where you can really push your focus towards a shared goal with other like-minded enthusiasts.

Thanks for writing such a great intro about it ThePurplueBug :) 

We're going to be running a WEbook competition (soon to be announced) with some pretty exciting prizes to be won...

What have you decided to write about for NaNoWriMo, WEbook? 

Posted: 10/30/2013 10:29 AM PST
National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is an online writing competition sponsored by The Office of Letters and Light. Your goal is to write a 50,000 word manuscript during the 30 days of November. Yes, it seems like a lot, and it is, but it teaches you about yourself, your priorities, and your writing style.  

In 2012 they had 341,375 participants and they expect to have over 500,000 in 2013. You can be one of them.  

It’s an exercise in quantity over quality. That doesn’t mean you can write 50,000 words of garbage and call it a day, it means that if 10% of your normal writing is blow-your-mind amazing then think of how much amazing stuff you’ll end up with at the end of November.  

You can sign up and check out all of the goodies over at the official website: www.nanowrimo.org.

You are free to do as much planning and outlining as you want beforehand but you can’t start writing until 12:00:01 AM local time on November 1st.

If you do the math you’ll need to write at least 1,667 words per day to stay on track. WEbook has provided some useful tips and a nifty calendar over on the blog which you can find here: http://blog.webook.com/2013/10/nanowrimo-tips-from-our-webook-authors.html (You can find a bunch of other awesome, inspiring calendars by doing a Google image search for “nanowrimo calendar.)

You’re competing against yourself, betting that you can knuckle down and get the words written and if you do you get some cool icons. CreateSpace is also offering two free paperback copies of your book if you win.

(There’s also a bunch of other deals and competitions available to participants and winners, you can find the information here: http://nanowrimo.org/sponsor-offers)

If you are confused about any of this or have any other questions they have an extremely detailed FAQ that you can access here: https://nanowrimo.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/topics/27085-national-novel-writing-month