This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 1/28/2011 11:39 AM PST
Maybe try writing something different? Sometimes when I get bored or blocked with what I'm working on, I stop and work on something new for a little.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 1/15/2011 5:48 PM PST
I have the same sort of problem that you're describing. While I cannot prescribe you any miracle drug, try taking a break from writing for a while, try for a couple of days or an entire week, then return to your chair, sofa, wherever you sit down with your work, and then turn on the writing. It often works for me; at least you will have gathered some outside-info to use in your story. And if necessary, you can always jot down random ideas you get during your tiny "break". I hope this can be of some use (; - B

Posted: 12/26/2010 9:30 PM PST
To me writing comes in the form of a melody without words in my head, or heart. whichever. It's like writing for me is a form of music, and I am an avid violinist. So, naturally i made a musical connection with my writing. Now lately when I try to write with or without music it's like playing music and missing key notes. The tone is there, but the song is flawed, incomplete. Any tips on how I can get past this? Writing in my passion, and it feels like im giving up the ghost.