This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > WEbook's Writing Workshop > Brainstorming and Plot Doctoring > tips and tricks to keep track of your plot?
Help Wanted!  No idea how to actualize your spy story?  Need a creative way kill off a character?  Searching for a conflict that will propel your fantasy novel.  This is the place for a friendly kick in the right direction, complete with "adoption" threads.
Posted: 3/26/2011 8:38 PM PST
i find a hand written book does the trick for me...and yes a calender for time-line work...but i prefer the book over-all...you can write faster than you can type (i hope)
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 3/16/2011 2:35 AM PST
Hi there, I've got this huge story in my mind, with an enormous plot. As I already know the bigger storyline, I've been jumping around my story adding chapters here and there, still adding subplots, just as I like. But I struggle to keep the overview and weave different plot lines. Right now a have an enormous word-document and I use headers and the index function to review and manage what I've got. But that's growing and growing. I'm even using a calendar and I date every scene to make sure that time-lines are consistent. So I wonder: how do you plot your storyline and keep track of it? Do you use mind-maps? lists? a separate file? Any best practices around?
Sign-Up or Login to Reply