This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 8/10/2008 6:40 PM PDT
Perhaps you could start the story at either the turning point or the climax. Then, lead the story to a flashback about how she got into that position. Next, end the flashback and write the story normally, progressing from te climax or turning point. Hopefully this helps.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 8/7/2008 2:23 PM PDT
Maybe you could start with a scene where Madaline Moon is in church, perhaps singing, and then slowly unfold her character and put in all the details in this with a sort-of series of scenes, connected with writing that is unimportent to the story, just so it flows.

Posted: 8/7/2008 1:06 PM PDT
I'm working on a story but I'm having trouble writing the beginning of the story. My story is about a 15 year old teenage girl named Madaline Moon. She's a Christian and loves to go to church with her mom. She only lives with her mom cuz her father is in jail for almost killing her mother. Madaline is a sophomore in high school and she gets A's and B's. Her only friend is Carlos who is her best friend since 3rd grade. She and Carlos are always hanging out. Madaline sings in her church and likes to help out her church like give classes to the little kids. Madaline always puts God first in her life than anything else. But, then things start to change when she meets this new boy and she loses her faith in God and starts not going to church anymore. Thats all I have for now. If you can help me please do. Cuz this story have I have the idea of how I wish it could look like if it were a movie. If anyone can just help me with the beginning I'd really appreciate it. Thanx!