This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 7/31/2011 2:08 PM PDT
I think I would have to read it to be the judge. You should try to distance yourself from Twilight as much as you can while still keeping with your idea. If it is too similar 1) the copywriters of Twilight will be very angry and 2) people who are not fans of Twilight will be turned away. For example, I like vampire stories but I absolutely detest Twilight with my entire soul. If I picked up a story that looked just like Twilight I would promptly put it back down.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 7/15/2011 6:34 PM PDT
As long as it's not copying any ideas or making TOO many(like, don't use her characters.) references of Twilight, it's not really a fanfiction. I think it's really a great idea, and I personally thnk you should go for it. Good luck!

Posted: 4/18/2011 3:24 PM PDT
i need an opinion about a story i am in the process of writing. i'm still tweaking it, but i started it after i read twilight and fell in love with vampires, werewolves and the Pacific Northwest just like everyone else. anyway i began researching the Makah Nation, Cape Flattery, Washington state etc. after however many years i still love this place and the indian culture even though i've never been there(i've always loved indians) ANYWAY! my story idea is of thiese indian kids being these hybrid mix of vampire and werewolf who manage to live peaceably among the local humans on the reservation and in surrounding cities.the way that they are able to do this is because of certain humans that actually cause their monsterous side to fade(some more than others!) thus earning them the name of Faders(my daughter helped me that word). i got this idea from Alice, when she needed to sit by Jacob to keep from having a headache. my question is would this be too much like fan fiction or what? should i go for it? i'm in the process of uploading what i've wrote already.(it's really good--totally not bragginat all-i really think people will like it) so please tell me what you think.