This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 7/27/2009 2:33 PM PDT
Wouldn't each chapter from different people would get quite confusing. If you picked one person, a whole story could go around that one character. If you did it from different people, you would have to create A LOT of different personalities. Plus, if you know the setting so well, why not write in first person??? You would be able to show how that person thinks and expierience the characters personality first hand. Hope I helped.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 6/16/2009 6:33 AM PDT
thanks very much. I have thought about all these angles.... a woman who works there, but hates it. A frequent customer who is addicted to it..... A thought crossed my mind last night..... each chapter from a different person's perspective.... what do you think?

Posted: 6/15/2009 5:17 PM PDT
Hmmm.... you can take it many different ways. It depends on how you want the character to experience it. Would they like this place or not? Would they go there by choice or by accident? Do they work there or visit there frequently? An interesting perspective could be from a young person who happens to stumble across this place.

Posted: 6/15/2009 1:34 PM PDT
I have this idea in my head - it more of a setting for an erotic book. This place is so vivid to me and it has grown and grown over the years and has become a place that I know very well. The problem is, I can't find a story line. It could not be a romance - not in this shady place. The setting is basically a no-holds-bared adult club. I would like to take the reader though all the aspects of this adult playground, but I don't know what perspective to write from. Any suggestions at all would be very much appreciated.