This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > Bulletin Board > Suggestions for Improvement > Page To Fame Rating Requirement
Help the WEbook staff learn what we could be doing even better.
Posted: 5/2/2014 6:19 AM PDT

hlk88

Hi GRCubsfan,

Although we don't respond to every suggestion for improvement to the site, it doesn't mean we're not reading all of your suggestions and taking them on board. 

We are working on a re-vamped Page2Fame system for which we have incorporated many of the ideas that have been proposed by our members. When this goes live, you will be able to see a marked improvement in the selection of submissions and ratings-based elevations going into higher rounds. 

H
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 4/29/2014 2:27 PM PDT
I'm starting to get the feeling that this whole site may be heading toward zombieland.  I first posted this suggestion for improvement in January hoping to get some feedback from fellow WeBookers and from an administrator of the site.  Nothing from the site administrators. The reboot of the site has the feeling of a part time passion project by a small group that has lost its passion.  It's kind of sad, because it seems like a cool idea that could work if it was executed well.

Posted: 4/10/2014 11:39 AM PDT
I think you are correct it is a concern that there are so many ratings. Like you I rate away avidly in the belief that If I expect my work to be rated I should rate as many as possible.

Good luck with your work

Posted: 4/10/2014 6:38 AM PDT
I really like the idea of charging in ratings. Otherwise, this site is pointless. I've had two one-pagers on here for three months. I'm now up to FIVE ratings!! Wooohooo! Because I believe in karma, I've given three times that many for each page each time I've gotten a rating, but still. It seems like this could be better run.

Alternately or in addition, someone could read through the slush, at least looking for glaringly bad work and not allow it to be pasted. 

Posted: 4/6/2014 7:30 AM PDT
I know what you mean;
I have had a couple of submission sat on 3 ratings for over a month.

There is always the chance with your idea that one or two people will just give any old rating without reading, but I would suspect that these are few.
The site already has the software to identify if anyone is rating in a manner that is way out of line with the community as a whole, so those few could be weeded out

I have been advised that there is an algorithm to make sure that no one submission
gets a glut of viewings whilst another gets nothing.

An alternative idea would be that the algorithm can be altered so that those that rate over a certain number in a given month receive a larger number of viewings than those that rate hardly any or do not rate any at all.

This way if people do not want to rate, fair enough, but it will take them longer to amass the number of ratings they need than those that rate regularly

Posted: 1/17/2014 9:36 PM PST
From my sporadic interaction with this site, it seems like there are a glut of submissions and a paucity of raters for said submissions.  Submissions don't go anywhere until they have been rated at least 120 times.  I submitted a one pager in March of 2013 and I got up to 30 ratings.  Extrapolating that out means that I wouldn't have enough ratings to move on for at least another 3 years.  What is the point?

Modest proposal:  The site used to charge for submissions.  Why don't you charge for each submission in ratings instead of in dollars?  If you had to rate 20 page 1s before submitting a page 1 yourself wouldn't that help with both the glut of submissions and the lack of ratings?  Who else thinks this is a no brainer?