This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 6/22/2010 5:34 PM PDT
Finding him out could be he slips up. If he's going insane this would be easy as he mistakes something for something else and says something incriminating the the hearing of the others. They then start asking questions, pressuring him. He can't talk his way out and either fights or flights. (well, flees, but I was trying to refer to the fight or flight response. since that's all anyone can do. However within those two options there are many ways of accomplishing them.) Not knowing the type of story or setting (modern city, fantasy world, etc) It's hard to give many ideas. Or rather it's hard to give many pertinent ideas. A fight leading up to the roof of a building is pretty interesting, epic, and fun! For the author/readers. Characters? may not enjoy it. But this could also be the breaking point of his insanity. (I have a play that has a rather similar theme. Madness and villains anyway) Throwing himself of the building or being pushed or shot so he falls or some such thing is convenient and a good way to end a nasty. You could always go the way of the Steward of Gondor. he went insane and then poured oil over his head, caught on fire and fled off the edge of the city (it was a long way down). Or maybe don't even kill him. He could go so crazy that just when the hero/ine is about to end his life, takes pity on him and puts him in an asylum. Or jail. Or something. Either way he's out of the picture. lucky for writers, humans are easy to kill, as the news so kindly points out. You really have unlimited options. Close your eyes, spin around and...pick! Just make it believable. Good luck and Write on!
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 6/13/2010 4:24 PM PDT
With out much detail its hard to help. Start with finding him, ideas could be he was spotted somewhere when you go to investigate he is still there, hire a spy to find him out, or just happen to run into him, those are som really generic ways but should be enough to get you started. As for killing him hmmm.... Falls of a building, Falls into a volcano Falls of a plane stabbed poisoned shot suffocated drowned chokes suicide? (he kills himself instead) bow and arrow crossbow the ever resourceful magic classic sword, dagger fist fight to the death Hope that helps generate some ideas if you message me when the the section is wrote ill look over it and see if i can help you hammer it out anymore once you have a basic idea

Posted: 5/19/2010 11:46 AM PDT
I think it would help if you know (or if you tell us) how he is revealed to be the villain. That could lead to many different death pathways, depending on his relationship with the other characters.

Posted: 5/17/2010 10:35 AM PDT
I think that insanity is an absolutely wonderful idea! <3 That way, several new paths open up with ways to kill him. Look up some insanity cases and it should give you some inspiration ^^ -mk

Posted: 5/12/2010 6:30 PM PDT
Oh I forgot to ask as well Should he see things like his dead little brother or other creepy things thus making him near insane?

Posted: 5/12/2010 6:28 PM PDT
Not only do I not know how to kill him but I dont know how he will be found out. I want it to be like an epic fight. Oh I forgot to mention he is a MAJOR character before he is revealed. So if any of you can Help me it would be so helpful