This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 12/7/2009 10:50 AM PST
Without being sure of where your characters have been, something you might consider doing is moving them to an unfamiliar setting. You can always draw from your own experiences to come up with lifelike places that take your characters out of the norm. If you feel you always have Danny being beaten up in an alley, try having him beaten up in a graveyard, or down by the waterfront on a foggy, or even stormy, night. Using weather to help with your setting might also give you the variety you seek. Hope this helps!
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 11/28/2009 12:18 PM PST
Hey guys, I feel my characters are in a good position at the moment. Steve is a wreck, Will is annoyed, Danny is beaten up in an alley and Dave is doing well maintaining the set. My problem has become that the settings are feeling very familiar and plain and I'd just like to have some varitey, but in a story such as mine, its hard because its more lifelike. Any ideas guys? Please dont moan about my spelling or grammar as these chapters are my first drafts and are not perfect, I want to focus on the stroy first. Cheers :)
Sign-Up or Login to Reply