This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 4/14/2009 6:59 PM PDT
A lot of times I translate a word into different languages and make it into a last name for characters. The word usually has some relation to the character.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 4/14/2009 3:46 PM PDT
Mautner

Posted: 12/27/2008 1:38 PM PST
Medion?? isabella Medion??

Posted: 12/12/2008 4:07 PM PST
Everheart

Posted: 12/12/2008 8:31 AM PST
I have a naming forum "character + name matchup" it's in the "Just for Fun" section. It might help. There are a lot of good ideas here though but I do agree that you might want to choose a different name altogether because it is a little too much to have another Isabella. I have some ideas but only first names Selarta Demona Claire Dianna Alithia Lilith-this name is often associated with cain and the first vampriss so could be a good association for more check out the name forum and the others gave good suggestions about name sites and the phone book.

Posted: 11/23/2008 12:08 PM PST
Try looking in the phonebook. It always has lots of names. But if your character is italian, (because of her name), then I would recommend searching on the web for italian last names.

Posted: 11/23/2008 12:07 PM PST
Try looking in the phonebook. It always has lots of names. But if your character is italian, (because of her name), then I would recommend searching on the web for italian last names.

Posted: 11/21/2008 7:25 PM PST
I HAVE A LIST I MADE UP BUT IM NOT USING BUT A FEW: VOSS CARRUTH COTERIE La BATE LOCKHART NIX FAUSTE FARROW LeDOUX LIKE ANY? FEEL FREE TO USE IF YOU LIKE!

Posted: 9/24/2008 9:03 AM PDT
Another alternative to getting names is go onilne and type in male or female names or surnames(last names). You are sure to find quite a lot. Good luck to your writing. Remember folks. A good review is like an oreo cookie. Say something good then say some criticism then say something good again. Sandwich the needed work with what was done well. It goes a long way.

Posted: 9/14/2008 6:11 AM PDT
o i thot u ment vamp as in hoochie coochie instead of vampire- i lk family stuff not slime

Posted: 9/14/2008 6:09 AM PDT
cf below- not Vampella but Vampanella

Posted: 9/14/2008 12:12 AM PDT
XD ...isabella vampella... i just lol'd

Posted: 9/14/2008 12:11 AM PDT
XD i totally love you. ...isabella vampella... i just lol'd

Posted: 9/12/2008 8:14 PM PDT

y1ham
When you try for a last name, just write down random last names. How about Isabella La Gorst. Sounds like one of those french maiden vampires.

Posted: 9/8/2008 4:38 PM PDT
When you're really into characters -- I mean so they're moving on their own instead of you operating them externally like puppets -- they'll tell you their names and all kinds,of other things you never thought of. Faulkner said that when a good character gets up and gets going, all the writer has to do is follow behind and take notes. Homer agreed.

Posted: 9/8/2008 3:40 PM PDT
Isabella Rosso, meaning red, as in blood

Posted: 9/8/2008 3:39 PM PDT
Isabella Rosso, meaning red, as in blood

Posted: 9/8/2008 3:16 PM PDT
I'm Sorry but i TOTALY agreed right up to the whole ".....Isabella Swan of the Twilight series. Terrible books....." Please How could you think that those where Terrible books just my thought and just yours but like really what did you not like?

Posted: 9/4/2008 12:04 PM PDT
Isabella Collins - Remember Dark Shadows :)

Posted: 9/3/2008 5:34 PM PDT
The thing that always helps me with naming, be it pets, kids or characters, is a little visualization. Picture your self at the bottom of a flight of stairs. Incline your head slightly and yell for the kid/character to 'get down here right now.' I find that it helps the flow of the first-middle-last progression. For instance, David Ethan Anderson seems, to me, so much easier and faster to say than Kendall Lawrence Billington. It just seems like I hesitate more with the second one. Too many "L" sounds for my brain to wrap around.

Posted: 8/21/2008 1:17 PM PDT
I wouldn't use Isabella just because if people read your story and there big twilight fans all they will picture is Bella Swan from that series.

Posted: 8/20/2008 7:44 PM PDT
Sorry so late. How about Isabella Rezone

Posted: 8/16/2008 5:33 PM PDT
AND Twilight are awsome books! McQuarrie!

Posted: 8/16/2008 5:31 PM PDT
How 'bout Isabella Lakeshore

Posted: 8/14/2008 11:17 AM PDT
When I said "good of an idea" I meant "it's not a good CHOICE". Just to clarify...

Posted: 8/14/2008 11:16 AM PDT
Beware, this review is kind of based on marketing and I'm a little harsh, but I just couldn't put it into nicer words. Sorry in advance. :/ I don't *want* to be mean, but in all seriousness your plot seems kind of... unoriginal. Realistically, having a part vampire named Isabella just isn't that good of an idea. If you have no idea what I'm referencing, then that's actually good because you didn't intentionally borrow from anyone. But in any case, it's probably best to change the name entirely (if you want this published, that is). If you DO however, that's bad. I am, of course, referencing Isabella Swan of the Twilight series. Terrible books, but they DID somehow get in print. So it's probably not marketable to use your own plot with the same first name/general characteristic as the main characeter of that series.

Posted: 8/14/2008 5:03 AM PDT
Hey it seems to me like you need an oldish name if shes part vampire.. so heres a list: Isabella Darcy Isabella Wyatt Isabella Abbott Isabella Cleve Isabella Fairfax Isabella Shaw

Posted: 8/13/2008 1:00 AM PDT
Try Isabella Corryn

Posted: 8/12/2008 10:34 PM PDT
Isabella Valan

Posted: 8/10/2008 6:22 PM PDT
how about Isabella thorn? Or try doing a search for gothic names, and pick one of those to use as a last name. A really good site to do this is: http://home.comcast.net/~jeniphir/babynames.html

Posted: 8/10/2008 2:26 PM PDT
How about Evart...... Isabella Evart

Posted: 8/10/2008 2:21 PM PDT
Isabella DeCoudray would be a nice combo... - of course that's just my opinion.. ;D

Posted: 8/9/2008 1:43 PM PDT
How about "Isabella Melanthe"? Melanthe means "dark flower" in Greek - I thought that because she's part vamp it would illustrate the dark side of her character. When I think of your character I think of a deep, dark purple colour, nearly black if that helps! So maybe a flower that is that colour but has a good name? Good luck!

Posted: 8/9/2008 10:57 AM PDT
how about ISABELLA VAMPELLA

Posted: 8/9/2008 8:55 AM PDT
Isabella Von Grist

Posted: 8/8/2008 9:57 PM PDT
It really depends on her heritage and what year she was born in . . . Isabella is Italian, though, so perhaps "Castile" as a last name? Kinsley flows fine as well (but that's Irish).

Posted: 8/8/2008 9:26 PM PDT

Aloria
When you've got a long first name, try to balance it with a short last name. Isabella Hurst ?

Posted: 8/8/2008 6:44 PM PDT
hey i need a last name for my main charcter her first is isabella and shes part vamp, so i need a good yet it has to flow with her first. please help.