This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 8/10/2008 6:42 PM PDT
I totally agree with this. I write in the same exact way. So, if you can write happy things when you're in a joyous time, be proud and happy of it. Use it to it's full advantage.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 8/7/2008 9:17 AM PDT
Oh, please don't feel that way! Enjoy your sunny vision and don't wish for the rain clouds! I write to set things straight for my characters in the ways I never could for myself. It's my solace.

Posted: 8/6/2008 8:55 AM PDT
Recently, I was real mad (later was depressed) when I received a discouraging letter from the publisher of my first POD book. I was greatly affected that I sent venomous email. Tried to write, but no trace of inspiration coming. Several weeks, I didn't lift a pen. Later I got tired of sulking and thought to go back to my only shelter, God's love. But I can't sit down long enough to write a paragraph or two. Ended up trying my hand on writing several words (haiku). Ended up writing a hundred of them.

Posted: 8/5/2008 7:09 PM PDT
I'm a worse kind of human being because when I write, it's always grim and dark. I feed on it, and write more, and feed on that. I eat up the anger and sorrow and play with it and churn out more until I'm paranoid, furious with the world, and generally unsocial. Then I meet a nice girl, write lovey crap, get heartbroken, and turn back to anger. It's a cycle I get stuck in.

Posted: 7/31/2008 2:52 PM PDT
you should be happy cause everytime I write its from anger or sadness and its like venting except it leaves me feeling worse than before. I'd love to be inspired from happy things.

Posted: 7/30/2008 11:47 PM PDT
horrible human beings that feeds off of the emotional activity that floats about when there's "love" in the air. Because "love" is very vague and the entire damn time you're trying to name the damn thing anyway, so writing about "love" is easy in a sense. ... Why couldn't I be one of those people that writes out of anger instead? Oh, pooh.