This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 2/15/2010 10:17 AM PST
thank you so much!!! i am going to try that!!!
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 2/15/2010 10:12 AM PST
Not a lot to go on here, but I am guessing you are not looking for specifics :) Assuming you have a general idea where this story is going you can write about after the protagonist gets out – unless that is the ending, I do not recommend writing the end until one actually reaches it. A story does not necessarily need to be written in order. Otherwise you can create dialogue, internal in the hero, or between the lesser characters. Even if it is inane - it does not need to be included in the final version – it can give you further insight into the characters, may spark an idea or a direction to follow or add some interesting back story. In other words … write outside of the box :o)

Posted: 2/15/2010 9:52 AM PST
Hi i just joined and wasnt sure if if i was supposed to say hi on a different forum or something. i have been writing a novel and now i am stuck!!! i hate this. i think i wrote myself into a box and i have a deadline. how do i get out of that box??? i have my main character stuck in an underground facility with a bad guy. i have a few other characters that are stuck with him and i dont know what to do!!!! what have you done when you wrote yourself into a box? thanks for any advice!!!