This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Fiction writers talk shop and discuss works in progress. All genres welcome!
Posted: 11/9/2008 8:03 AM PST
Hey Arkoyle! I have yet to look at your story BUT as a general answer which I have received from many of my literature classes, there isn't a true answer. The male, patriarchal (according to gender study literature) demands that age-old plot pattern at which you have the rising action, the climax, and the immediate falling action. In which, akin to the male sexual experience, it's one climax and immediately falls off. Meaning according to this regular plot pattern, your climax should be right at the end and then fall off to a peaceful slumber. However, there are other ways to write a story dealing with climax. If you read Frankenstein (written by a woman) you experience frequent climaxes with absolutely no falling action, which many theorize is similar to a woman's sexual experience. So to make a perfectly simple answer complex, your climax should be where it naturally falls within your story. Every story is different and there is no pattern to follow, place it where it feels it should go.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 11/8/2008 11:48 PM PST
I'm just still amateur but could you help me with my novel I don't know if I had given the climax earlier XD
Sign-Up or Login to Reply