This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook's superstore for talking shop: colons vs. semicolons; dialogue format; point of view.  And everything in between.
Posted: 7/7/2011 5:37 AM PDT

Terrance, I think that you have confused two different packages. I wouldn't touch a grammar and style checker unless you want automated prose but the 'Snowflake' method of managing your novel is quite useful. I wouldn't buy the package but it is worth reading about the methodology. if you have ever used any structured design method for programming you will understand how it works. There is an explanation here:
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 4/9/2011 7:21 AM PDT
The only program I've tried and liked is write or die. It's a motivation tool which you set with your goals and it doesn't let you finish writing until you've hit them.

Posted: 4/2/2011 6:04 AM PDT
May I suggest an alternative and totally free option. Download Open Office at which is the free 'open source' alternative to Microsoft Office, which can open and save in the Microsoft Word format documents. (It will not interfer with MS Office, you can have both products on your computer) You can then use an 'open source' free Add-on extension from style and grammar checker. Once you have saved the add-on you can add it to the extensions from the Open Office Writer, [Tools], [Extension Manager].

Posted: 3/8/2011 5:25 AM PST
Thanks for showing up such fabulous information. I like this post, keep writing and give informative post...! Seo India

Posted: 3/4/2011 9:24 PM PST
I appreciate your comments. They confirm my feelings as well. The term was "Whitesmoke." I tried to download the trial version and my security site picked up the "Whitesmoke trojan." It stoped the process and cleared the malware. I phoned Whitesmoke and asked if they were aware of the Trojan and they put me on hold and did not come back on the line. I sent them emails and they did not respond. So I guess it was not just me. Thanks again.

Posted: 3/4/2011 4:56 AM PST
I think you mean whitesmoke - I couldn't find anything called white snow. Whitesmoke is a grammar, style and spelling checker. I gave it a brief try-out and it seems to do a reasonable job, but it's a little disconcerting that it doesn't do it in-situ. It uploads your texts for analysis and downloads the results, so I'd be very careful using it near anything confidential. It seems a lot of other people have concerns too, as you'll see if you Google "whitesmoke malware" or "whitesmoke trojan". Also, I had no problem uninstalling it, but from their comments it seems that quite a few people do. So, use it at your own risk.

Posted: 3/2/2011 8:31 PM PST
I have seen a software package sold under the name White Snow. Has anyone tried this program. It is supposed to help with all forms of writing.