This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 1/11/2009 9:02 AM PST
I don't know if this will help, but Ayn Rand said that when she was blocked, it was always because she was refusing to make a decision for the story. Are you stuck because you can't decide which way to branch? For instance, you need to kill a character, but you really love the character? If making a decision is the problem, pick a branch. If you don't like where that goes, go back and take the other branch.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 1/4/2009 1:27 AM PST
The harder you try the harder it gets. You have to have a relaxed purpose to your writing. I find trying to delve into whole topics or projects is too much stress/presssure so I bite off small pieces and complete them. I also will try letting things lie for a bit and write off topic things to relax but stay in tune.

Posted: 1/3/2009 12:25 PM PST
Erm.. you could review mine and I will get back to you :) As for writer's block, try to write a few descriptive sentences about everyday objects and you may be pleasantly surprised. For me it's about getting back into writing again.

Posted: 1/3/2009 8:13 AM PST
I've been fighting a writer's block for about a month now and it seems to be a battle I can't win. The last time I had a full on block, I didn't write for more than SEVEN months! I cannot afford that lost time seeing how I am trying to get one of my projects (The Damned-A Vampyre Tale) sent out and published. I know where I want to go with both of the projects I'm working on I just can't really figure out how to get there, that and the lack of feedback I'm getting doesn't help. Yes I'm reading and leaving helpful reviews to others but I can't get it back. Please help! Nika