This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > The Genre Café > Horror Forum > The Building Blocks of Fear
A place for all your gory horror writing discussions.
Posted: 3/15/2011 10:10 PM PST
The one type of horror I like to write is fear of the unknown- supernatural works that are outside of character's understandings. When I write I ask myself if it actually creeps me out or not as most horror movies and ideas these days usually bore me, what with the 'hack and slash' genre and all.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 7/6/2010 12:04 PM PDT
These are very basic building blocks of fear and horror. And I feel that a lot of the readers, such as myself, who have been born reading horror books become desensitized from these building blocks. Horror has to become something that follows the rules, but changes them as well. I understand this in my years of writing horror.

Posted: 4/9/2010 5:21 PM PDT
COOL I CHECKED IT OUT NICE.

Posted: 4/9/2010 1:50 PM PDT
Hey guys! Interested in writing your own horror masterpiece? Check out FEARnet’s ‘Building Blocks of Fear,’ for what are considered the fundamental tenants of creating horror! Concepts that make you uncomfortable— the key underlying sensation of almost all good horror! Hit the link for inspiration for your next feature film: http://www.fearnet.com/blogs/school_of_fear/b18737_building_blocks_of_fear.html