This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Historical Fiction Forum
Posted: 5/24/2013 3:11 PM PDT
this story is now complete and completed. Its so good that Webook is back!
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 9/20/2011 9:37 AM PDT
I was recently contacted by a fellow writer suggesting i change the title as it seems to be confusing a few readers out there. At the moment theres a few options to choose from. Let me know which one is your favorite. Linkage as usual: http://www.webook.com/project/Byzantium-Book-One-Invasion New title choices: Invasion (current title) 'A dream of Byzantium' 'Escape from the Concqueror' 'Unconcquered 'Osfrid the unconquered' 'Death of he Dragon'

Posted: 8/18/2011 11:44 AM PDT
Three new chapters are up at the usual link. Feedback will greatly appreciated. I'm about half way through finally. A final adventure amongst the vikings and then we come to the great battles of Stamford bridge and Hastings and all the turmoil that the characters have to face.

Three new chapters are up at the usual link. Feedback will greatly appreciated. I'm about half way through finally. A final adventure amongst the vikings and then we come to the great battles of Stamford bridge and Hastings and all the turmoil that the characters have to face.

Posted: 7/23/2011 12:01 PM PDT
http://www.webook.com/project/Byzantium-Book-One-Invasion new chapter posted

Posted: 7/7/2011 6:14 AM PDT
definately always happy to read historical fiction :)

Posted: 7/7/2011 5:40 AM PDT

Satyr
I'll check yours if you check mine when I open it up on here (if I start using Webook again):) As you say it is a good thing that this area is recognised now.

Posted: 6/1/2011 2:38 AM PDT
New chapter is up

Posted: 4/19/2011 5:50 PM PDT
Alas! The history-lover's quandry... with so much interesting material, it's hard to decide what to include.

Posted: 4/19/2011 9:22 AM PDT
Yeah it's taking a long time to write. Theres so much interesting stuff going on in that timeframe that it's hard to pick what route the story should go. I've finally decided tho and will start posting up new chapters in a week or so. :)

Posted: 4/19/2011 6:19 AM PDT
Hi - I peeked at your link and will read it . . . sounds interesting. It was first posted last May - is this the most current version?

Posted: 4/19/2011 2:11 AM PDT
I have to say it's great that theres now finally some recognition for this genre on Webook :) Please check out my project, I need as much feedback as possible on this one. The year is 1066, the dark shadow of war has descended upon the kingdom of Saxon England. One families hope for survival lies far to the East in the mighty city of Constantinople. A dark time has fallen across England. Threats from invasion by Duke William of Normandy, has the populance gripped with fear and its king desperately fighting to save his kingdom. Caught up in the middle of it all is the family of Osfrid Hunweldsen, a Saxon noble, once sworn to King Harold's traitorous brother Tostig. Now on a quest to save his wife and children from his former lord and desperate to flee the coming of the Normans, Osfrid must take his family on the perilous journey across Med ... more » A dark time has fallen across England. Threats from invasion by Duke William of Normandy, has the populance gripped with fear and its king desperately fighting to save his kingdom. Caught up in the middle of it all is the family of Osfrid Hunweldsen, a Saxon noble, once sworn to King Harold's traitorous brother Tostig. Now on a quest to save his wife and children from his former lord and desperate to flee the coming of the Normans, Osfrid must take his family on the perilous journey across Medieval Europe to the promise of safety in the Byzantine Empire, whom his father once served as one of the legendary Varangian guard. http://www.webook.com/project/Byzantium-Book-One-Invasion