This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 7/25/2008 1:12 PM PDT
thanks so much! i understand that it must've been hard without knowing more of the setting and plot, but they gave me alot of good ideas!
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 7/25/2008 10:57 AM PDT
Well you could always go with witty, where he says something more light hearted Ex "You'll find the front door unlocked, my silverware in the cupboard and my mother's broach on the fireplace mantel." Or a dramatic pick up line "If you're a thief then I'm the luckiest victim alive." A cliche "Can I help you?" Or he could simply say nothing and follow her if she approaches the cabin and when she finally notices him comment on the home owner. Not revealing that he is the home owner, then after convincing her that maybe he'll talk to who ever is inside, he goes in and a moment later opens the door, introduces himself and lets her in. I hope these help but with out knowing a bit more about the setting, plot and character it's tricky because I don't what would fit. Sorry, I noticed how badly I typed those and had to edit.

Posted: 7/25/2008 10:54 AM PDT
Well you could always go with witty, where he says something more light hearted Ex "You'll find the front door unlocked and my silverware in the cupboard and my mother's broach on the fireplace mantel." Or a dramatic pick up line "If you a thief then I'm the luckiest victim alive." A cliche "Can I help you?"( Or he could simply say nothing and follow her if she approaches the cabin and when she finally notices him comment on the home owner. Not revealing that he is the home owner, then after convincing her that maybe he'll talk to who ever is inside, he goes in and a moment later opens the door, introduces himself and lets her in. I hope these help but with out knowing a bit more about the setting, plot and character it's tricky because I don't what would fit.

Posted: 7/24/2008 10:45 PM PDT
ok, my story is about this girl.. and to make a long story short, this girl Juliet, is hiding behind a tree, looking at a crude log cabin, and a guy from behind is gonna spot her, but i want it to be like he has been behind her for a while.... and i just don't know the "dramatic" thing that i want the dude to say... does that make any sense?!?! sry, this probably doesn't make that much sense without knowing the while plot... any ideas at alll would be great!