This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Fiction writers talk shop and discuss works in progress. All genres welcome!
Posted: 11/11/2008 1:37 PM PST
Please read the beginning of a story I am working on called "The Cursed Scrolls of R'lyeh" -- http://www.webook.com/shortstory.aspx?p=a32d2443636a4dfe83c0ebd9b8c7e573&sit=cfbdbc894a4e4e12b86b4db5c94d0e88 -- and let me know what you think. Randy "AWHodgkins"
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 11/11/2008 7:10 AM PST
I am currently assembling a book of short stories, one story per week for the next year, I would be interested if you had a read. http://www.webook.com/project/roadfruit

Posted: 11/10/2008 2:11 AM PST
only three chapters posted for feedback. Its a diary account and its very difficult to convert to text. Not even sure if its anygood at all, really looking for feedback. thanks

Posted: 11/9/2008 11:24 PM PST
My short story collection Every Now And Then is still pretty brief...I won't ask for FB on Charm City, since its rather lengthy.

Posted: 11/5/2008 10:50 AM PST
Hello, here to add another thing on your "To Do" list. I have a short story (The Circus of Doom) in my "Ke's Tales: The Long Week" project. Mostly, I need help with the ending. (I dunno, it just seems a little wonky.) Please get around to it when you can, and thank you. : )

Posted: 11/2/2008 8:39 PM PST
would you mind reading my story? It's the only one I have, Diamond in the Ashes, but i'd like some feedback on it. I've only gota few chaps up so it's not a ton of reading as of now.

Posted: 11/1/2008 11:10 AM PST
I need an opinion on my work-1 Ashwynn Zaygr walked home,home to a tiny shed on a farm.He wore battered clothes torn and riped from the torment in witch he is subdued at home.For he lived in a rural city called Imprudicus Deus.Ashwynn is not a slave nor a Kajjul or angroanian,for he is a poor Half elf.Half elven people are treated like dung.There not treated fairly,and are usully killed for sport! Ashwynn is not a bad looking Half elf,he has nice black hair, combed on the occasion.A clean smooth face.blue eyes,and pointedears.ashwynn is 17 lunna old,a young man.Ashwynn orphaned at a young age,had little argent to spare.Poor thing.But this Half elf would be knowned through out the lands of dios tierra,patria,agua aldea,and rex mortis. As he continued down the dirt lane it began to get cold.His ears turned pinkish-red,his bare feet numbed,hands pale.His breath was a mist.It became hard to see.Up ahead past the viejo arbol(some old maple),he noticed a strange object. "What the-",he was cut off by his own fear.There up ahead lay a dead body! Frozen in his own dismay and fear.He was confused.For Ashwynn had never seen a dead body before.He wanted to run for he could be blamed for such a crime and sin becouse he was a Half-elf. The body was small,but too big to be a Half-ling,or a Gnome.Perhaps a Dwarf maybe.But no.Not a Dwarf or Halfling.Nor was it Gnome.Ashwynn walked closer in his own curiosity to get a better look at the deceased victim. As he walked closer the more his anxiety began increased until he could not move.The dead creature was about three or four feet ahead.He could see now that it had green skin,not scaly But letherly.its face like a monkey without fur, with fangs that pop out of its mouth. An Half-Orc.A small one too.Freashly killed.Ashwynn will definetly be blamed for this crime.He had no idea what to do.Down the road he could make out a carrige.It was heading this way!He panicked,Ashwynn ran for it.Bad move.The carrige had seen the body and Ashwynn and had started to chase after him.Ashwynn started to lose breath but continued on.The carrige was pulled by two horses and was gaining.ashwynn ran then tripped,he stumbled over and hit his head.every thing went white. He awoke in the back of the carrige.Confused,hurt, and not aware of were he was.Ashwynn heard some one talking in the front. "Si quemin via vidaes,dic mihi!"It was a womans voice,angered. "Quamobrem?"A mans voice,calm. "Quod!"the womans voice again.Ashwynn did not know what the man or woman where saying,for he did not know latin.He only knew english the poor language of the land.Latin was the rich language. Ashwynn was scared,poor thing.He knew he would be blamed for the crime,these people would reseive a reward,and he be killed. please send your opinion! -John Wolfe-

Posted: 10/26/2008 3:18 PM PST
feedback on one or more of the chapters of "untitled work of historical fiction" would be AMAZING and i'll definitely look at your stuff too :D

Posted: 10/24/2008 4:44 PM PDT
hi,Id appreciate it if you read mine,there are only 4 vert short stories.thanks

Posted: 10/23/2008 2:59 PM PDT

Desbrina
I'd like feedback on either of my stories, Powers of Yen or Rise of the Phoenix You needn't worry about my Short Stories since there's not much in it and the story in it is about 4 years old so isn't the best i can do (unless you particularly want to review it)

Posted: 10/21/2008 6:04 PM PDT
I've only got one short story called "The Gatherer" Any and all feedback would be welcome.

Posted: 10/21/2008 8:04 AM PDT
Oh yeah, I meant to say... I'm only asking people to pick one chapter, read it and see if it works for them. Reading ten can be a bit hefty if you haven't lined your brain ready for the wordy onslaught. Thanks again

Posted: 10/21/2008 7:59 AM PDT
I have been working on improvements suggested to me for my story and now ten polished chapters are up for reading if anybody would be so kind. Cheers http://www.webook.com/project/End-Time-Gentlemen

Posted: 10/21/2008 6:48 AM PDT
I don't even know where to begin on here. CONFOUNDED DEMONS!

Posted: 10/18/2008 7:24 PM PDT
totally need people to read I'll give feedback as well!

Posted: 10/18/2008 11:04 AM PDT
I would love for you to read my first couple of chapters under My Guardian Angel. It is a long story, so just the first few chapters would be fine. I would appreciate it a lot!

Posted: 10/16/2008 6:30 PM PDT
My story is called 'The Kid'. It's a short story (12K words). Would you, please, look at it? Lou Lohman

Posted: 10/16/2008 10:56 AM PDT
I totally appreciate thef eedback of my Novel called The Reawakening: Apocalypse in The Midwest. I hope you like it.

Posted: 10/16/2008 9:07 AM PDT
I just completed my first short story, "The Swimming Pool", which is part of the Lights Out collaboration, I definitely would appreciate feedback (positive or negative) from anyone willing to give it.

Posted: 10/16/2008 4:13 AM PDT
Hi, Would be great to add you to my reading list too. If you've a spare 15 mins, maybe you could read my effort called the last 24? Is only a prologue and chapter 1, so not much really. Generally looking for feedback to see if I should carry on with it, or bin it off as going nowhere. Much appreciated. Many thanks, Sian.

Posted: 10/13/2008 9:04 PM PDT
Hello all. I'm in the process of uploading some of the short stories I've been writing over the past few years. I would love it if I could get some feedback but sadly due to me being in the middle of my Higher School Certificate examinations I may take some time to respond. They are short with the longest being no more then roughly a page and a half. All the best Echelon

Posted: 10/13/2008 10:31 AM PDT
I want some feedback on my first chapter, please. It's not finished but I need some feedback for what is written already.

Posted: 10/12/2008 10:58 PM PDT
what kind of books do you like?

Posted: 10/12/2008 9:01 PM PDT
Hey, I'm about to check out your stuff. But, I'm very interested to get real opinions on the excerpts from my novel that I have posted on this site. Thanks so much in advance for an honest opinion :)

Posted: 10/12/2008 11:07 AM PDT
Hey, I'm new on this site and I'm kind of self-consciously hungry for opinions. I'd like your thoughts on my story called "Black-Eyed Angels". I've written about thirty pages so far, you're of course free to read or not ready any sections. I'd appreciate any criticisms I can get. -Dan.

Posted: 10/11/2008 10:33 PM PDT
I'd love if you could read the first two chapters of my project Love Note. I'll review something of yours as soon as I can. Thanks in advance!

Posted: 10/11/2008 1:45 PM PDT
I've got a couple chapters posted up that dive right into the heart of the matter. A guy who gets shot in the head and now can't get the idea of murder to leave his mind. *nudge nudge* Take a peak? Please :D

Posted: 10/10/2008 10:37 PM PDT
even if you read one chapter i would be very grateful :D

Posted: 10/8/2008 3:04 PM PDT
I have some short stories posted on my website www.bluerequiem.net that I want to start as projects on this site. Any advice on which to start with first would be appreciated.

Posted: 10/6/2008 4:26 PM PDT
Hey. I'd be much obliged if you took a look at my short stories, especially Priest of the Pit. http://www.webook.com/project/The-Chronicles

Posted: 10/6/2008 1:47 PM PDT
Hey, I'm currently writing my first story of any considerable length, and i'd appreciate it if you could give it a read and a comment ;) As i say, i'm not much of a seasoned writer being only 17, so it may not quite be mindblowing. ~ Srrnkro.

Posted: 10/6/2008 1:26 PM PDT
Hi, I'd love you to take a look at my novel 'The 13th Sign'. At present, I have posted the first 7 chapters but would appreciate any feedback, even if it's only for a few paragraphs. Bob.

Posted: 10/6/2008 8:49 AM PDT
I've got a short story I'd like you to read. Let me know what you think. It's called "the Poor Little Fly with a Wooden Leg"

Posted: 10/5/2008 7:12 PM PDT
hey i would love you to read my stuff

Posted: 10/5/2008 10:41 AM PDT
I'd love you to read my ShopGirl blog - it's inspired by the great variety of nutters that come into my little Chandelier shop in London. Hopefully it'll make you laugh! Let me know! http://www.emilybenet.blogspot.com/ I've only just got onto this webook, but will check out your writing soon..

Posted: 10/5/2008 2:47 AM PDT
I am just starting to post my work, but any feedback is always welcome, especially from a fellow writer.

Posted: 10/5/2008 1:10 AM PDT
i would love feedback when you get a chance. I only have two chapters published so far, extremely short...three more almost ready for publish. Waiting for feedback... I promise to get to you material tomorrow. Four in the morning came a little quickly. :)

Posted: 10/5/2008 12:05 AM PDT
bump

Posted: 9/27/2008 2:31 PM PDT
I'd love you to continue to read my stuff; I've some short stories I hope you like, tho' I really am happy you read three chaps of my novel.

Posted: 9/26/2008 10:19 PM PDT
Looking for stories to read - preferrably not whole novels though if you just want a couple of chapters read that's fine. Message me and let me know what you want read (specify which submissions) and I will add you to my reading list. If you leave feedback on any of my projects I will get to you faster.