This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 2/25/2009 11:42 PM PST
Hi! Sidbob, I have the same problem. I don't have any solution for it as of the moment, but I can give you some tips.First, give yourself a reason to do things or continue it. I guess, with regards to my condition, you are lacking the reason to move, to continue. it's like after writing, what's next? Second have an inspiration, for example if you have a partner make her the reason for doing it. Dedicate it to her after writing it, like a gift. And by the way if you don't have any, I'm not forcing you to have one. It can actually be a family relative or your neighbor. And lastly, work in the same place and in the same time for about 21 straight days. I know it's hard to do such, that's why you have tips 1 and 2. Once you've completed this, it will become a habit of yours and eventually you can't leave without it. Hope it will help you. ^ ^
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 2/22/2009 9:53 AM PST
Think of your stories and recognize which parts of each one you like the most. Maybe you like a character from one, a piece of the plot from another, etc. Then, try to build off of that part that you like. You have to feel your story, to really care about it, before you can make it the best. Bringing out your favorite qualities can help. :)

Posted: 2/19/2009 4:54 PM PST
If you can't get into the story, maybe you just haven't perfected the idea or you discovered the idea just isn't really you. Take a break and try to go back to it later or maybe in the meantime you'll think of a story that better fits you.

Posted: 1/31/2009 2:56 AM PST
Don't write a story, just write a description or a dialogue or even just list something, names of places, characters, colours. All writing is helpful and you never know when you will use it, and usually midway through you find a tangent that will lead you onto something greater. If not, file it all away for that day when you just need a description of lint.

Posted: 1/31/2009 2:08 AM PST
Think of your all time favorite novel or story written by your favorite author. IMAGINE the story from start to finnish just let it play through your mind in a general way occasionally stopping at the good parts to listen in on the action or dialogue. If you have problems doing this then think about actualy rereading the story. If you do reread the story when you finnish play the story from beginning to end in your head as I described earlier. Once you have achieved this think of a favorite story you have written and do the same thing reread if needed. The same if you write poetry. Once this is done then go back to the last thing you have written do the same with it and edit if needed. Lastly Imagine a short story of simple nature from begining to end do not write it down. Go over the story in your head and add stuff to it and refine as you replay this story. When you are mostly happy with this try to write it down. This exersize should get you back in the groove. Most important is to not force it. also try writing small bits of things that don't mean much no pressure just strings of words example: help did Jeff engine elope buick tire metal gun elephant insanity clean weak God for did and but she him. Do this when you think you should be writing but have no inspiration or motivation. Good Luck

Posted: 1/29/2009 1:20 PM PST
Having trouble getting into the stories. I feel like I don't want to type anymore. Anyone with the same problem or some tips on how to get back into it all??