This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > Bulletin Board > Suggestions for Improvement > WeBook project completed & published... Now what?
Help the WEbook staff learn what we could be doing even better.
Posted: 4/26/2015 11:51 AM PDT
Okay, so after some digging, I find that there is already a place for 'shout outs' for self-published books - so it's not the case that WEbook loses sight of work developed here. 

A pity it's not a bit more visible, but at least it's there!  :)
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 4/24/2015 10:42 AM PDT
Is there anywhere that WeBook authors can advertise work they've published that originated here on WeBook? 

I shy away from posting anything like that on the forums because I'm not sure if it would be welcomed or not. 

But it seems to me that it's a shame that completed projects, developed on WEbook, just disappear after their authors have moved them onto the next stage: a published title.  Unless they are actually published by this site, WEbook loses sight of them.

So... How about WeBook making space available to those authors who've produced a title (through the site) that's now for sale?  I think you'd need some sort of filter/policing to make sure that a) the adverts are suitable b) the BOOKS are suitable and c) the title and their authors are a part of WEbook.  I don't think it should become a free-for-all for any indie author. 

There would probably need to be an agreed time frame in place, too. (and possibly a fee*?)

This, I think, would encourage members to GET WRITING, add interest to the site, and also help to develop site-attention/appeal.

*Fees:  Have you thought of WEbook credits?  ie. If you win the challenge/come runner-up/are named member of the month/complete so many reviews etc.  There are lots of ways that members could amass credits that could then be exchanged for a) % off books in the WEbook store or b) advertising space as suggested above.

All of the above could be the WEbook staff's idea of a nightmare when it comes to implementation (and I don't have enough technical know-how to have any real idea if it would be viable) - but just thought I'd mention it!  :)

Sign-Up or Login to Reply