This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > The Water Cooler > Politics and Current Events > Um... guys? If you already bought a Qur'an...
Discuss, examine, and rant and rave about the news of the day.
Posted: 10/5/2010 12:39 AM PDT
I don't remember. Maybe.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 10/4/2010 8:47 PM PDT

NavarCrow
Dr. Evil. But he had a scar, didn't he?

Posted: 10/4/2010 8:01 PM PDT
You cannot be a great villain without a good mustache--unless your face is all burned up and you wear a black helmet to cover it; or if you're all shriveled up and ancient like a certain worthless, nobody galactic emperor.

Posted: 10/3/2010 3:05 PM PDT
Hitler wasn't the first to sport the toothbrush. Many people wore it before him. The great Irish patriot (hero or villain is matter for debate) Micheal Collins was known to have worn one in his youth. Charlie Chaplain too. Robert Mugabe still has one.

Posted: 10/2/2010 9:43 AM PDT

kittyluver
if any mustache shouldve been burned, start with hitler's! it was the weirdest one down history

Posted: 10/1/2010 6:37 PM PDT
Moustaches provide a bushy ride for the ladies.

Posted: 10/1/2010 9:56 AM PDT
I just don't understand the motivation behind having a moustache. They look stupid, they catch food like a disgusting brush... They are just horrible. I mean, I can understand the desire to have a full beard, or even just general stubble, but why one patch of your face? I might get it if it were any way fashionable. But it's not. It's just ugly.

Posted: 10/1/2010 5:03 AM PDT

NavarCrow
Oh, yeah. K, never mind. I think we should burn that preachers mustache. Ugly as sin.

Posted: 10/1/2010 1:06 AM PDT
I did respond.

Posted: 9/29/2010 9:12 AM PDT

NavarCrow
Idk. I thought we were having a conversation. The natural progression is to respond.

Posted: 9/29/2010 12:06 AM PDT
So what?

Posted: 9/26/2010 8:50 AM PDT

NavarCrow
Thomas Paine and John Adams were atheists, most people don't know that. Pres. John Adams can be disputed as one though.

Posted: 9/24/2010 5:58 PM PDT

kittyluver
thats so funny... since thomas jefferson was close to being an atheist... actually he was a deist... meaning there is a god, but he made the world and left it alone... so close enough? i dont see why i matters so much in american society what your religion is, your race, or your pocket... for a nation standing on religious and racial freedom, its so hypocritical

Posted: 9/22/2010 5:36 PM PDT

NavarCrow
They would know becuz' I have never denied it, I post it for the world to see. And they do their homework. What I have mentioned here is only the tip of the ice berg. Yes most scientist are atheists, so are most professors. But when a movement of 25,000 fundamentalist believers (Tea Party movement) start rallying the Republicans and taking seats in Government offices spouting non-sense to get people riled up with fear and hatred, none of the facts matter to them. The first Bush President stated he didn't think atheists should be considered citizens, much less Patriots. And when one died under his sons watch and surrounded by questionable circumstances in service to his country, the Bush family did everything they could to cover it up. (Pat Tillman)

Posted: 9/22/2010 4:49 PM PDT

kittyluver
wow, i've never thought atheist out of all people can be discriminated against... i wouldnt be surprised tho... america can be racist against pretty much everyone who isnt white, christian, and lived in america for generations... i dont wanna accuse you of anything, navar, but how would the FBI know your religion? especially if your not a foreigner? i haven't heard anything against atheists.. arent most scientists atheist?

Posted: 9/22/2010 2:26 PM PDT

NavarCrow
I have said that most people are not like those I do complain about. (Bill Donahue, The Pope) I would never try to say that they were. But when normal everyday people don't do something to silence the fundamentalists out on the fringes, they aren't doing anything to help their cause. In fact they are doing their beliefs a disservice. Most atheists I know are not the kind of people that would stand by for something like that, half the time we are misunderstood, in that we are trying to stand up for those people who aren't from the fringes, and stand against those who are. I have at least friend from every religion I know of. Most of whom agree with me on this matter. Now, about me complaining about being done wrong. There are laws in this country against atheism, written and put into place in the last 50 to 70 years by these fringe organizations. We are the least trusted minority in this country, the FBI are mandated to trust terrorists before they trust us. In many cases we can not testify. So if I saw a bunch of terrorist plant a bomb, then tried to tell the FBI, they would believe the terrorist when he said: I have no idea what you're talking about. If someone raped my niece, and I had some inkling of who did it, it doesn't matter, becuz' the Judge thinks I'm delusional, and needs to be institutionalized. So forgive me if I think these things are worth complaining about. I love my country, I don't want to see it treat people this way.

Posted: 9/22/2010 1:19 PM PDT

kittyluver
i havent really been reading this, and im horrible at keeping up.... auugh, huge texts scare me off lol... (i blame the SATs) but i've reading all these big ol' texts, and i have to say, i love navar's comment... im a religious person, but personally, i think he's right... Atheists, in my opinion are better than people who believe in god without THINKING... like brainwashed people... and i can understand for him hating religions, because of what the "religious" people are doing is so stupid... and he's not anti any religion.. he means that he doesn't approve of the actions of the followers and is against that.... Every religion has an extreme side, it all depends on your interpretation, cultural values (yes thats separate from religion), and your zeal and determination..... like im a Muslim, Im sure everyone knows that already cuz i always defend them lol... and im tired of people singling out muslim terrorists or hitler.. the top 3 killers in the world in order from the most are; mao zhdong,, joseph stalin, and hitler.... notice hitler is number 3... and notice all three of these guys have different cultures and religions... but their similarities, like the ones of any other criminals, is their greed, and ego of supremacy and corruption... which are NOT preached by ANY religion, and are purely human qualities... I think the only way the world can truly "advance" is when they realize religion and culture aren't the enemies... its greed and corruption... because what religion do you associate criminals with? so lay off of muslims, catholics, atheists, ect...

Posted: 9/22/2010 9:22 AM PDT
There are over a billion Catholics in the world. Many of them are good friends of mine, and very few of them share the views of this Bill Donahue (I don't even know who that is...). I agree about Africa, however the laws on contraception, women in the priesthood and other issues aren't really religious in nature. The are part of the catechism, which is more to do with the church as a body than anything else. And you do say these things. If Atheism comes up at all, we hear about how you got crapped on for one reason or another. Catholics do allow sex offenders to be tried in court. Some members of the church tried to avoid it, although I doubt their motives were religious in nature. I don't see how Columbine was caused by religion. Those boys were mentally disturbed. Unless you're arguing that all religious people are mentally disturbed...

Posted: 9/21/2010 4:11 PM PDT

NavarCrow
"And in reality, I doubt your atheism makes you the target of as much persecution as you think. In fact, you probably make yourself the target of discrimination by making a show of it. Plenty of people suffered much worse persecution than you for their beliefs. And many others, like the Crypto-Jews avoided persecution by simply not telling anyone about their beliefs. Just because you lack beliefs doesn't mean you're any better than them." I said none of those things. I did say anti-religion. I don't blame Catholicism, I blame Hitler. But he was a Catholic, in every speech he gave he mentions his actions were in harmony with that belief. So when the Pope comes to Britain and blames atheism for his atrocities, yeah, I get a little offended. Then the leader of the Catholic League, Bill Donahue, demands that we atheists make reparations for his actions, you'll excuse me if I get a little uppity. I mean these people won't allow sex offenders to be tried in a court, because religious piety are above the law or some sh*t, refuse condoms to women in Africa who are being slaved into sex trades, because they have brainwashed them into the same religious dogma that enslaved them hundreds of years ago and say it is sin to protect yourself from the STD's. All in the name of Religion. Sure their have been atheists who have committed atrocities, (not that I know any of their names) but no one has ever done so in the name of atheism. Columbine occurred because a few children said they didn't believe in God, so some believers decided to bring their god-given guns to school and teach them a lesson. Atrocity ensued, in the name of..... I could go on and on. I am anti religion, because of the way it is enforced and translated to the masses. I have nothing against good people, believing whatever they want. Even when they wear it on their sleeves. So when I do anything similar, I'm a bigot? I am by far not an extremist. Please try to remember that.

Posted: 9/21/2010 11:39 AM PDT
Navar, I'm afraid it's you who is being offensive. Being 'anti' religion is bigotry. It's the exact same as being anti-black or anti-disabled. And in reality, I doubt your atheism makes you the target of as much persecution as you think. In fact, you probably make yourself the target of discrimination by making a show of it. Plenty of people suffered much worse persecution than you for their beliefs. And many others, like the Crypto-Jews avoided persecution by simply not telling anyone about their beliefs. Just because you lack beliefs doesn't mean you're any better than them. Wind it in.

Posted: 9/21/2010 11:27 AM PDT
Catholicism had nothing to do with it. He was delusional and believed he had the right of way to make not only a fatal decision for man kind which in any case ceased popularity over majority rule. So in my way I'dhink he was just in his actions if I bellieved in him or like him. (his followers) It's sick and vile. I loved the book anne frank.

Posted: 9/21/2010 11:13 AM PDT
Hitler this and Hitler that. Hitler wasn't a Catholic any more than I am. Nobody kills six billion people and remains a Catholic. To be honest, you seem to use Hitler an awful lot. He was a delusional man. I doubt Catholicism had anything to do with it.

Posted: 9/20/2010 2:48 PM PDT

NavarCrow
Christine O'Donnell is the dumb bitch from the tea party. Hitler was a Catholic, btw, just so you know. Being anti- ANY -religion doesn't mean anything. That comment was rather offensive. If you believe what the Pope says about atheism, than you need to learn to read more books based on science. I am anti-religion, but it doesn't mean I don't support peoples right to believe or not believe. I am all for peoples rights, I am not for religious rights. Religion holds far more control of people like the Tea Party than it should. I mean they believe people lived with Dinosaurs, and the world is only 6000 yrs old. I don't think anti-people is a good thing, ever. But being anti-some idea, is nothing new, much less should it be frowned upon, it furthers our societies in thoughtful ways.

Posted: 9/20/2010 11:08 AM PDT
Ignore...What? ooooooooo i get it. Why? Blah! Your so odd. lol you have one comp in your house!!!!!???? :/

Posted: 9/20/2010 9:50 AM PDT
One. And ignore is on. Ahh.

Posted: 9/20/2010 3:54 AM PDT
and two laptops..so four/ lol why?

Posted: 9/19/2010 7:42 PM PDT
sorry, "y'all" have in your house? I pose the question to everyone.

Posted: 9/19/2010 7:41 PM PDT
Totally off topic...How many computers do you have in your house?

Posted: 9/19/2010 6:35 PM PDT

kittyluver
So off topic here, but what do you guys think of the November election outcome? i think the Republicans are going to win this year, it all goes in a cycle... i think therez a social and political war going on in the united states, and i cant wait until its over!

Posted: 9/19/2010 4:51 PM PDT
Woo buddy Im not a I-dot (idiot)!! lol Your sucha goof and a mood killer :/ Blah! what do you "Before ignore goes on..." Wh-A-t?

Posted: 9/19/2010 4:51 PM PDT

kittyluver
to Thomas... wtf? to dorchadas: too harsh! tone it down a notch...

Posted: 9/19/2010 2:28 PM PDT
ThomasA, I've decided you are an idiot. Before ignore goes on, I'd like to say that your pun is unsubtle, and not secret any more than it is clever. Which for the benefit of those too slow to take a hint, it is not.

Posted: 9/19/2010 11:34 AM PDT
Caps go off? What in carnations are you talking about? Brrr. are you really so infatuated with cats? I mean I have a cat. His name is Dexter. lol He's a tabby. But DANG g-U-rl you really like your (oh I feel like putting another word for cats because then she'd have no choice but to agree because it's obvious she does..and then since I am immature I will laugh my butt off at my secret pun!) cats don't'cha?

Posted: 9/19/2010 11:25 AM PDT

kittyluver
lol navar... i think you lost everyone... start with giving "witches" names... but i do think i kno who you're talking about, cuz i recently saw her in the news, personally, i think the neo republicans are fabricated fascists... which are the views of the nazis... i think the biggest nazism is being anti-muslim... if your anti ANY religion, you are supporting hitler... point period...

Posted: 9/19/2010 6:01 AM PDT
Caps lock goes off here, thanks.

Posted: 9/18/2010 7:46 PM PDT
hUH?

Posted: 9/18/2010 6:02 PM PDT
Who is this bitch?

Posted: 9/18/2010 5:25 PM PDT

NavarCrow
I think this preacher dude, actually is a Nazi. IMHO. I think the whole Tea Party movement was secretly devised by Nazi's. I fail to see how anyone can disprove it though. The newest Palinite female for them is against Masturbation and condoms in Africa. Has admitted to once being a witch, and has been legally targeted by an investigation of her political spending. And has no idea how to read the Constitution. She has even admitted that she would have turned in Anne Frank to the Nazi's. How much more Nazi can you get?

Posted: 9/18/2010 1:16 PM PDT

kittyluver
Personally, i think that stunt was the dumbest thing down human history, besides HIter and the crusades, of course... there is no justification for spreading unnecessary hatred... who really wants to head down the road of WW3?? these republicans seem to get a little too cocky in my opinion... someone needs to boot them out of the media... if WW3 ever did happen, good bye planet earth.. and think about it this way... what was the last huge hate towards one religion? jews in WW2 remember? do these racist republicans really wanna become nazis? cuz remember, a holocaust didnt start over night... it was progressed to it.. starting with disagreement, to dislike, to so on...

Posted: 9/18/2010 12:45 PM PDT
Same with my people. Keeping up with the Joneses in pre-christian Ireland meant getting more human skulls on your saddle. Today things have changed. Now we don't use saddles :P

Posted: 9/18/2010 1:32 AM PDT
The Lakotas felt war was ethical, acceptable, and logical. It was an every day part of life for them.

Posted: 9/17/2010 8:33 PM PDT
War, huh, yeah What is it good for, Absolutely nothing, Uh-huh, War, huh, yeah, What is it good for, Absolutely nothing, Say it again, y'all, War, huh, good God, What is it good for, Absolutely nothing, Listen to me... lol couldn't help but bust a move and get down lol. i love rush hour. wow good times. way to go and lift the spirits of a crazed 17 gurl party!!! oh Dorchadas lighten up. by the way i think im getting your lingo you know? and don't dare put me in the crazy girls shadow I am not what ever her name is. I can get why your paranoid but thats dumb that your putting me as her. maybe thats why you thought she was that other guy ur not only "cynnical" i think that was your exact words . but your a tad on the paranoid side kiddo. lol its ok I sometimes wonder if sky born is her. I mean she was like im off now..no one cares about little-o me cuz u a damn liar lol and then poof skyborn is there w/ no inderefernce to the name, i made a pun! yay lol.

Posted: 9/17/2010 2:55 PM PDT

NavarCrow
War... huh, Good God y'all. What is it good for? Absolutely nuthin'. Yeah, said say it again.....

Posted: 9/17/2010 10:34 AM PDT
Look around you man. What is ethical about anything? Or any war? That doesn't mean they aren't fought. Or even that they shouldn't be fought. The Allies weren't ethical angels in WW2, but I think you'll agree that's a war that had to be fought. Neither were the Nazi's unethical evil demon people either. Not all of them anyway. Or even most of them.

Posted: 9/12/2010 6:16 PM PDT

NavarCrow
While a war between religions would make atheism look more appealing to most rational people, I don't want anyone to die in that vain. It's un-ethical.

Posted: 9/12/2010 3:04 PM PDT
Well, he got what he deserved. Egg all over his face. I just hope no-one dies over this. I'm starting to think it's only a matter of time before the entire west gets dragged into this shit storm of a war. If you can even call it that. Maybe it will finally be time for Ireland to kick someone other than Britain's ass. It's been a while. 1914, I think.

Posted: 9/11/2010 9:45 PM PDT

NavarCrow
That guy is wack job, out for publicity. I didn't want to give him a minutes worth of my time, much less the 2 pennies worth I have aimed at his forehead.

Posted: 9/11/2010 1:59 PM PDT
What do I do with this thing now? Nah, just kidding, I'd never burn a book, no matter what's in it. I'm surprised you haven't said anythign about this yet. Usually you'd be all over this. I'll write a headline to explain. "Redneck Rev gets Red Card over Rambunctious Incitement of Racial Rowdyness.