This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

What do folks in England eat for breakfast?  How do you milk a giraffe?  What types of cases go to the Supreme Court?  Can you break a car window with a thermos?  Use this Q & A forum to help supply your characters, plots, and settings with a dose of reality.  Someone, somewhere, has the answer.
Posted: 5/16/2013 12:14 PM PDT
I had nightmares about dying, like falling from a building and being jumped from a bridge and drowned. I just don't like dying. In fact, I'm afraid of dying.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 5/23/2010 6:42 AM PDT
Nah, that's just a myth. I've died in my dreams before. Although I -usually- wake up, I've been murdered probably twice and died in other situations from natural disasters . My brother used to get night terrors where he'd wake up screaming, and I'm pretty sure that he's died in them. He eventually outgrew them, though. Hope this helps ^-^

Posted: 5/13/2010 1:28 PM PDT
I sometimes dream that I die, and i don't wake up till just after. Luckily for me, my dreams are actually strangely nice, usually I've been ill and I'm in great pain, lying in a hospital bed. My family come in and visit me, then I drift off. When I do, it's the most amazing feeling of being at peace and being loved and safe. I don't know, maybe this is a premonition? I'm always really old and it's always the same dream. God knows lol xoxo

Posted: 2/28/2010 12:11 AM PST
I can tell you well and truly that this is a myth. I've had dreams where I've died millions of times. THey're usually worse when I'm sick (I don't really know why). When I'm sick, even if it's a cold, I have a dream where I die about four times in one night. So yes that is a myth.

Posted: 12/24/2009 2:00 AM PST
Ok thnx, I hope your husbands nightmares will fade away in time. Good luck, SC

Posted: 12/20/2009 1:16 AM PST
It is a myth that you cannot die in your dreams. There are people who have night-terrors (like my husband) who have died in their dreams before. Most people do wake up or subconsciously change their dream before it gets that far, but it IS possible, as many people who suffer night-terrors will tell you.

Posted: 12/17/2009 6:14 AM PST
OMG, I actually dreamt that I was dead last night, I didn't die in my dreams but I was dead and I was visiting my family, sounds gruesome but it was such a lovely, angel floating kind of dream, didn't freak me at all but I would love to know what it meant x

Posted: 12/15/2009 2:50 AM PST
I found this website through StumbleUpon and believe it or not, it totally works! Control your own dreams: http://www.dreamviews.com/dreamcontrol.php Since I read that website, I had a lucid dream at least once every night. Good luck and have fun. SC

Posted: 12/14/2009 8:37 AM PST
I heard you can't dream that you die too, I've always woke up JUST as i'm was about to die in the dream, maybe its similar to when you dream that you fall and do that massive jolt in bed LOL! A sick re-occurring dream I ALWAYS have is that i'm tied to a train track and the train is coming.....choo choo, but the train doesn't ever hit me! I reckon I wake up just as it would impact! Damn Dream!

Posted: 12/13/2009 2:00 PM PST
I dreamt I was swallowed by a giant dinosaur and burned up in it's stomach acid. Horrible dream. Still bothers me.

Posted: 12/12/2009 8:07 PM PST
i think so. Normally in my dreams where I'm sure I'm gonna die there is always something that prevents me personally from being killed. Like a natural disaster you just happen to be the correct miles away from to survive or throughout the dream you desperatly try to fight the forces off until you wake up.

Posted: 12/10/2009 5:03 AM PST
I heard that you can't dream that you die, because you whould wake as a result of the stress (or something like that). Has anyone dreamt something like that once? How did the dream go and when did you wake up, what were you thinking? Thnx SC