This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Help Wanted!  No idea how to actualize your spy story?  Need a creative way kill off a character?  Searching for a conflict that will propel your fantasy novel.  This is the place for a friendly kick in the right direction, complete with "adoption" threads.
Posted: 3/30/2013 9:49 AM PST
Hello Scott These other posters are right. Ask yourself why you need the sex scene. If it fits well within the plot and story line then it's just fine (and if it fits well within the plot and story line, it will come naturally for you as you write). A good test is to leave the sex out and see if you can still tell a good story; if so, then you don't really need the sex, it's simply gratuitous. And there are ways to introduce sex without any dirty bits. Take a good look at the scene in 'Fantasia' - the only good thing Disney ever did, as far as I'm concerned - where the nymphs and satyrs are prancing around the field to the sound of Beethoven's Sixth Symphony: truly creative, pure eroticism. And have a look at 'Die Hard'; no sex at all but a cracking story. I'm glad we've had this little chat. All the best with your writing. Warmest regards Riis
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 7/31/2011 6:37 AM PDT
Could you be more specific about what exactly happens beforehand? I'm unsure why a woman would have been at Bull Run. I know quite a bit about the Civil War so I could help you make it sound accurate if nothing else. It would also depend on the personalities of the people involved. If she's strong willed I'm guessing there would be tension if/when he tries to make a move.

Posted: 7/30/2011 3:30 PM PDT

Beruthiel
I can't comment on the specifics of your scene without knowing more about the tone of your novel, other interactions between the protagonists etc. I find it strange that you appear to be trying to write a sex scene without any clear idea of what you want to happen in it. May I recommend you read "The Joy of Writing Sex" by Elizabeth Benedict? It covers how to write sex scenes, how much detail to go into (depending on genre), and - most importantly - whether it should be there at all!

Posted: 5/22/2011 1:46 PM PDT

scott4323
Correction, Heroine is strong willed damsel he rescues at Bull Run

Posted: 4/29/2011 6:55 PM PDT

scott4323
I am wring a Erotic Historical Romance set during the Civil War. The Hero is a brass officer in the calvelry and the heroine is his passionate strong willed wife. Whats a sensual erotic way for my hero to dive between the heroines legs as I write the scene?