This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > WEbook's Writing Workshop > Publication Station > e-Publishing company accepting unagented MSS
Your publishing industry superstore; discussion of current trends, helpful resources and websites, query letter tips, writing contest information, and all else related to this dynamic industry.
Posted: 6/21/2010 11:12 PM PDT
There are lots of free E-publishers like Smashwords, Amazon's Kindle , Lulu, CreatSpace, just to name a few. No need to spend money to E-Publish when even Amazon gives it away.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 1/20/2010 11:03 AM PST
housedad, I haven't, as yet, actually put anything up with a mention of the company, just merely trying to gauge interest from new writers :). I believe there was a post with addresses and names of publishers who accepted unsolicited/unagented manuscripts, so this led me to believe that it was okay to put up some information for anyone who would have an interest in being published through this method. I am definetly more than happy to not put up the link, as I stated before.

Posted: 1/20/2010 9:44 AM PST
Well then, such a post, soliciting business, using free advertisement in another's forum … is considered spamming … Please do not post a link... :o|

Posted: 1/20/2010 8:45 AM PST
JDLee, Their website will be launched next week - as I said before they're a new, emerging e-publishing company - and I will be more than happy to link-in the website URL when it is active (as long as Webook allow this, of course) and they will also be available on Facebook. If you like the sound of what I've said so far and have a complete manuscript or short story, then three sample chapters, character biography and sypnopsis can be sent via me to our Editor who will then read over your work and make a decision from there. Thanks for showing an interest and looking forward to hearing from you. LR.

Posted: 1/20/2010 8:38 AM PST
housedad, You are correct, the listing fee is £50, which according to the currency rate, works out to be around $82 (US). I am currently connected to the business. It was set up in order to recruit authors and offer our services to them, with inital focus being on New Writers and an option for short story submissions. The digital publishing market is growing dramatically and still has considerable growth that does not appear to be affected by the current recession. We approach this from the standpoint of those trying to enter the writing market and the difficulty of getting your work published. We see that there is a great demand for new authors to have their work published and promoted. I feel this answers your questions. Would you be interested in submitting your work?

Posted: 1/19/2010 6:00 PM PST
I'm with housedad. Tell us more. Or tell us where to get more information. We want to know if it's legitiment or a scam.

Posted: 1/19/2010 9:35 AM PST
Are you soliciting for business? Are you connected to this business? Is that a £50 (as in $82.00 US) listing fee?

Posted: 1/19/2010 8:26 AM PST
There is an emerging market in e-books; we've all seen the new e-readers become very succesful when many thought that they would bomb, but it seems to be that consumers are becoming more technically minded and like to have their information available in e-book format as opposed to hard copy. British based booksellers Waterstones have had a massive success rate in e-book sales since they have decided to branch out - so the market demand is definetly there. There's a new publishing company based in the Scottish Highlands, they are accepting unsolicited/unagented manuscripts as of next month! They are an online e-publishing company. No hard copy or 'print on demand' services. It's just a very simple submit your synopsis, three sample chapters and you'll have a prompt response from them. There is a Listing Price for a fee of £50 (naturally, if your manuscript is chosen), but this undercuts current e-publishing Listing Prices, as well as reducing your costs of sending away a hard-copy ms (manuscript). Interested? I'd be interested in hearing from those who are interested. LR.