This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 9/5/2008 3:59 AM PDT
Zenith is a character a book called Automated Alice. Alice is written by Jeff Noon. The book have some science fiction, post punk and cyber punk ideas.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 9/3/2008 12:25 PM PDT
I don't know if the names have been used. Try googling them with quotes around them and see if anything turns up. I agree with others that "Zenith Aeterz" has a sci-fi feel. "Ashley Vennis" and "Cliff Jameston" both sound like people who belong to a country club...though "Ashley Vennis" could also be someone who lives in a trailer park. I think of Ashley as a youngish name -- under 30 for sure. Cliff strikes me as between 40 and 60. Those are my first impressions. Whether they're "good names" or not depends on whether they fit the characters you're creating. Do you want to share something about the story you're writing?

Posted: 9/2/2008 5:17 AM PDT
I think ZENITH AETERZ would have to be used in a fantasy or sci-fi. If you did use it in ano0ther genre than a big thing would have to be made of the name. Ashely Venus I thinks lends itselfs to Romance genre. Cliff Jameston is a little dull, would work as a secondary character but not as a hero. Don't know why it just doesn't sound very heroic or interesting. xxx

Posted: 8/25/2008 9:02 AM PDT
I can say I've never heard of Zenith Aeterz, so I think you are free and clear on that one.... probably on the Ashley Vennis also. Not so sure about Cliff Jameston, sounds like it would be a rather easy name to come by. I actually like them all. Though how would you say Aeterz exactly?

Posted: 8/25/2008 1:59 AM PDT
Can any one tell me if these names have been used before or not? If they have could you tell me where, and if they haven't, could you give your opinion on whether or not they're good names? Cliff Jameston Ashley Vennis Zenith Aeterz Thanks. I have others, I just can't remember them right now.