This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Questions or comments about PageToFame? Let us know!
Posted: 6/22/2017 12:02 PM PDT

I don't think it would be practical to have a one for one system where you get only as many reviews as you have given. If people are forced to carry out reviews they are far less likely to review honestly and with thought; rather they may just click through pages to get it done so they can benefit from reviews themselves. However, I do wonder whether there could be some sort of weighting in place whereby not providing a review, or a lot of reviews, will not prohibit or strictly limit the reviews you receive, but those who do provide a lot of reviews have a higher chance of their submission appearing before somebody choosing to do a review.

I struggle to see why people don't do reviews as this can only be helpful to their own writing aspirations, but I guess we are humans and we are imperfect.

Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 6/9/2017 3:13 AM PDT

hlk88

Hi Nick_Savage,

P2F is not a 'payback' system, so you don't actually have to rate someone in order to get reviewed. Of course, it goes without saying, that if you want people to rate your work, you should probably put the time in and rate some other people's work. Not only does this keep the cycle going, but it's also a nice thing to do :)

Yes, if your MS is complete you can go straight to Agent Inbox.

Glad you're liking the monthly comps ;)

Hannah from the WEbook Team

Posted: 6/5/2017 11:47 AM PDT
So the last entry in this particular forum was in Jan of 17.  Almost a full six months ago.  If P2F still rate to get reviewed and if so what are the parameters? I've reviewed some (maybe 18-22) and haven't received one back.  I looked through old posts in here and it seems to be an ongoing issue.  The site really has some great people on it and great things about it.  If my MS is complete can I just go straight to using the AgentInBox?  The monthly contests seem to be going well.