This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > The Genre Café > Poetry Forum and Discussion > There are too many poems about......
An online poetry forum that covers it all: meter, verse, style, content, inspiration--and much more.
Posted: 9/9/2014 3:23 AM PDT
Thanks for your thoughts.

I work as a cover teacher, so I am used to negative and unsupported  insulting criticism, and  the kids can be just as bad  too
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 9/9/2014 1:07 AM PDT

pdsa1
Indeed a Poem is a much better way of expressing any feeling but writing stories on her can work to you just got to be aware even on this site there are some nasty people that may insult you. Just ignore them if they do. Please.

Posted: 4/12/2014 2:39 PM PDT
Hi all

This week I had my first attempt at blank verse. I found this quite difficult to do,  and would appreciate some feedback,
It is in my poems of the moment project and is called Legacy

Have a great week

DME

Posted: 3/29/2014 9:50 AM PST
Strange, I signed up to webook wanting to put a story somewhere, but the poems I wrote during a period when I could just not develop my story seem to create a much better response.
I am not sure if it because in some ways short poems are a little like flash fiction in that they allow a story or a message to be told
in a very focussed way.

Any thoughts on that

DME

Posted: 3/28/2014 5:07 PM PST
Hey Morgan_East good to have somebody on the forum. I started this thread to drum up some conversation about poetry on a dead forum. Of course people can write about whatever they want.

Posted: 3/25/2014 7:23 AM PST
Does it really matter if poetry is about, hardship, society, nature or love?
I very much doubt that it does.  If writers chose express themselves through these topics, all well and good.
Personally I use the lot, and at times I use one to express another, although not very well.
So to say that one is overdone or overrated is a little harsh. It is like saying that there are too many love songs or protest songs.
Whatever you write your poems about, you give a little of yourself to the reader. To me that is the greatest thing about poetry.

Posted: 1/2/2014 10:10 PM PST
I don't write about that because I suck at it lol. My poems are mostly about my hardships in life because it was my release. I know darkness is overdone as well, but it is the different perspectives I look at. And all of my poetry comes from my soul, so I try to make it unique.

Posted: 7/21/2011 12:39 PM PDT
Hahah Buckles I agree, especially love is always whining for attention and drowning in cliché's. Nature is also overrated and too excessively used. Oceans, flowers, sweet candy lips, get over it!

Posted: 1/24/2011 7:22 PM PST
Ok. yeah, that fine. Really? i never noticed you could do that. I'm not quite sure on how to do that but i'll take a look and see. Thanks for that by the way.

Posted: 1/22/2011 7:11 PM PST
I agree with you, I was just trying to start a conversation about some poetry topics. On a side note I went to your profile and noticed that all your poems are in seperate projects. You don't have to start a new project for each poem you can put them all in one.

Posted: 1/22/2011 6:53 PM PST
Writting a poem is a way of expressing how you feel. Like stories, they can take you on a journey. You can read and look at poems the way you seem to do or you can read a poem and think about the use of the words and the depth it goes into.

Posted: 1/20/2011 12:59 PM PST
oceans.....I get it they're big and blue, get over it. lost love.... she's gone maybe you'll find her one day writing a poem......is a poem really like a mountain you have to climb, really, think about it, really? found love....... how long until she is lost?