This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Help Wanted!  No idea how to actualize your spy story?  Need a creative way kill off a character?  Searching for a conflict that will propel your fantasy novel.  This is the place for a friendly kick in the right direction, complete with "adoption" threads.
Posted: 12/18/2010 6:25 PM PST
Mwa ha ha coming up with random people, my favorite. Kessa Anders was a funny girl. Born a triplet, her other 2 triplets were named Kessandra and Krystine, with a single mother named Cheyenne, she was always an odd one. Her sister Kessandra had hallucinations and a bad streak of violence, so she was put into a mental institute at a young age. So Kessa was left with Krystine. Cheyenne adored Krystine. Krystine was brilliant- smarter then most adults, obedient, and unfeeling. No temper-tantrums there. But Kessa was curious. She loved animals and always had a childish wonder of the things around her. She had a kind and gentle heart, though in trouble constantly at home and school. Kessa would sneak candy and wonder off at home. She wouldn't go to bed when she was supposed to. Kessa would daydream and wonder off at school. She never paid attention. And the kids hated Kessa. They hated her pale skin, black hair, and amber eyes. They hated her tendency to skip instead of walk and how she always giggled. They hated how she had no interest in tag, jump-rope, or boys. They hated how she didn't care that she was hated. But Kessa didn't mind. She was too fascinated with the world around her. She would sneak off into the woods and sing songs she made up. She would rescue a stray kitten, make friends with a mean ugly dog. Kessa never had any hman friends, no one human who cared about her. Or at least, not until the middle of her 8th grade year. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Have fun playing and message me if you use her!
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 3/2/2010 5:48 AM PST
Hello everyone! I'm afraid my latest novel has had a bit of re-hash and this has caused at least one character to need a new home; I'm just oing to tell you the bare bones of the character, you can add more... His name is Michael Mulligan, he's in his late 30's maybe early fourties. He was the head of a council organisation, he's worked hard his whole life to get there... He used to work as an animal trapment officer, some of these animals are really dangerous and he ended up with a massive scar on the left side of his face whilst tackling a runaway lion... He is a powerfully built man (as his previous jobs have required it) he enjoys wearing suits, however he just cannot stand a shirt and tie so he wears T-shirts underneath... He's tanned, has thick black hair and brown eyes that seem to hold a deep soulful something. He may hold a position of power but he insists on people calling him Mike or Mick, or Mitch. He's still one of the guys! He is in need of a good home. Change anything you like about him, just treat him nice-ish

Posted: 12/26/2009 5:47 PM PST
This is great! Um I have a character from my story called "City of Emptiness" I never finished it because I thought there was nothing more to say. But my main characters name is Alice, she is a girl in her mid twenties who has everything. Money, nice house, popularity, good parents, cars. She loves cars, she likes fast one. But she knows that there is something missing for her life, which is love. And she feels she might not find it. Inside she feels empty. And she enjoys the rain, because only then may she cry when no one can tell apart a tear from the rain. She likes to race cars she's rebellious at first but she becomes mature, and knows that money will never give her "true love." She is a nice character that really hasn't found the right person, and feels alone and just want that person to say "i love you too" I hope she find a home! If anyone decides to use her please message me I'd love to see where my characters new home is.. :D

Posted: 10/25/2009 1:30 PM PST

NavarCrow
A lot of writers, myself included have cool ideas for stories. But can't formulate the story without a character, and they have a hard time creating one that fits their story plot. This is a great idea for this problem. I think housedad has a project for these types of characters. It has been inspiring me for a while now. I'll go find the link and post it here. Oh, there it is: http://www.webook.com/project/PROFILES

Posted: 7/21/2009 5:34 PM PDT
Ah perfect! I have been feeling as if I had abandoned Takara and Laila! Twins, my only vampires that I wrote about when I was a wee little lass in sixth grade all those years ago. Polar opposites Laila and Takara were raised by their loving and doting uncle until they were two years old. Around that time the girls were kidnapped by a mad scientist who used them in an experiment designed to create a new race of super humans; Lab mad vampires. Seemingly a failed experiment the girls were separated and sent to live apart by the time they were three. Laila was sent to an orphanage and later adopted by a loving family of one father, three brothers and two sisters while her twin Takara was adopted by a young couple with four children of their own and are highly skilled police investigators. They girls required blood to survive; Laila uses transfusions and the blood of animals to get her survival fix while her roguish twin Takara gets her blood by assassinating every criminal on her parent’s hit list.

Posted: 7/14/2009 7:31 PM PDT
Oh, I love this idea. I can' t tell you how many times I'm in need of a character or I have one that just doesn't work. Now there's a place for them. Yay!

Posted: 7/14/2009 4:27 AM PDT

TsungChi
You've created a dynamic character. Alas, she just doesn't fit in your story. No problem: describe the character, and give her a name. A fellow WEbooker may scoop her up and offer her a better home.