This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 6/23/2009 6:55 PM PDT
I agree with Katielady..I always start with characters,and then they make the story and plot. This site helps me to figure out where to start with character's personality traits: http://www.oneishy.com/personality/ It lists the different traits of different personality types. Handy.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 6/23/2009 7:49 AM PDT
Creating characters is my favorite part of writing a story. In my opinion, it's the characters that make the story, so I would suggest starting with the main character and thinking about the infulence they have on the story and their actions that make the story's plot go the way it does. Create good strong backgrounds so you can have good strong characters and a great story. Hope this helped

Posted: 6/15/2009 5:19 PM PDT
Honestly, when I started, I looked in books. If you go to a big library there are usually a lot of how-to-write books. I found a really great one on the different types of characters typically used in a story. Sadly, I don't have the title anymore, but if I come across it I'll let you know. Maybe try Google-ing or wikipedia-ing it. Might give you a start.

Posted: 6/14/2009 9:05 AM PDT
Forgive me, "Whatever it takes" Was the original title idea, I have since changed it to "To Gain the Truth"

Posted: 6/14/2009 9:03 AM PDT
Hey, I'm just starting a project titled "Whatever it Takes" Please check it out, I have basically nothing written though, but still comment on the synopsis if you'd like. Anyway, I was wondering if you guys knew of any resources to look up character traits and tips for character creation. Thanks