This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 11/12/2009 8:11 PM PST
If she came down with a debilitating disease, she might have to stay to have it treated and/or keep from losing her insurance.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 11/2/2009 11:36 AM PST
Have her arrested. Or have her witness a crime. Have grandma find a man she's really interested and tell her granddaughter than coming up now is not the time.

Posted: 10/26/2009 3:37 AM PST
Well, the story mentions she has financial issues, maybe she can't afford to move. Her grandma could be about to move into a retirement community where young people wouldn't be welcome. Maybe she hooks up with someone else going through a tough time and can't bring herself to abandon them. Aliens abduct everyone in Seattle by teleporting the entire city to Mars. Any of those sound like they might be usable? (Your story shows promise despite being a bit melodramatic and the different fonts are somewhat distracting.)

Posted: 10/23/2009 10:37 PM PDT
I'm at a point in my story where the heroine wants to go back to live in Seattle with her grandma. However, I need a reason so that there is no possible way she can, that way she'll stay in San Francisco. Anybody have any ideas? If you'd like to read what I have so far to get a better idea, be my guest. Link below: www.webook.com/project/callmelou Thanks a lot!