This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 6/11/2014 9:48 AM PDT
I think you can always bring out old characters but before you put them to paper take a good look at them. Ten years is a long time, time in which you've gained new insight and experience and it would be shame to ignore all that and not use it in some way in an old story. Also if you just want to start writing again daily and want to get into practice again you can try starting a dream diary. It's what i do so I can do at least a bit of writing everyday even if I have writers block. Whatever I see in my dreams I describe and embellish and give the people I see in my dreams names and characters and so on. It helps to write something new everyday.

I don't think you should lose old characters and start completely with new ones but maybe you can do a mix and bring your favorites to play with new friends as you say. Either way good luck.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 2/28/2014 11:57 PM PST
I must say that I was pretty upset when no one came to my 911 post. This site is unfortunately *in my opinion* a skeleton crew, and I think I am going to have to hunt down a different community that is more active and involved. This is posted five (5) days after original post.

Posted: 2/24/2014 3:27 AM PST
I stopped writing about ten (10) years ago, and I have missed it. i find myself thinking often that I would love to start again. My inner debate is one that I hope not many have had to go through in their lives.

When I stopped writing I was five (5) chapters into a story that I felt (at the time) could go far, and produce many books in a series, but that was also ten (10) or so years ago, and I am unsure that I could live up to my standards I had when I wrote daily. Seeing as I am just coming back to the writing world should I bring out my old friends from the imaginary closet, dust them off and see where they take me, or should I simply leave them tucked away and explore new friends that I could journey with?

All Pros and Cons are welcome.