This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 1/11/2009 8:52 AM PST
I feel the same way: nothing to write about. But if you wait, the ideas will come. The trick is catching them when they come. You have to notice when you have an idea and write it down immediately. If you vaguely think, I ought to write that down... Stop. Write it down. Don't let it get away. Catching the ideas gets easier with practice.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 1/5/2009 6:05 AM PST

ZanneP
Why not look under projects in specific areas. For example, if you are interested in horror say, look under that section to see if there are any active projects open to submissions. Then read a few to get an idea of the kind of thing required, then have a go yourself. Also, the short story section may give you some ideas. There are many projects where you can do blog like things too, eg WTF is a popular one. The other thing I would recommend is to go out there and review things you might be interested in. This could be the spur to inspire you. Good luck and happy hunting!

Posted: 1/5/2009 4:08 AM PST
www.helium.com It has mostly non-fiction assignments but I think there is a creative writing section.

Posted: 1/4/2009 9:38 PM PST
So, this is my predicament. I love writing. I just don't have anything to write about. I can blog, sure, but I don't think that will actually get me anywhere as far as becoming a stronger, more proficient writer. I found this site and joined it seeing it to be the most professional looking and active community I've come across, but I still can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I love writing, but I don' have much to write about. So, like in school days gone by, I was hoping to find some projects of "Write about X", or "Write something about X", or "Write X in Y way". I suppose the easiest way to describe what I'm looking for is 'assignments'. An idea to get me going. I can find those kind of things online, but I was hoping to find a site that would have that so that a community could be involved with it - so I can see others works and others can see mine. The most that I've seen is little small projects - a lot of poetry or short couple line projects. I am looking for something I can dive into and write. Am I just not looking hard enough? Am I in the wrong place? Does what I want even make sense? :-P