This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 10/23/2008 9:12 AM PDT
Hey, Princess -- It's been a few days, how about an update? I'd love to hear what you tried, and what worked -- or didn't! Did you get your racing mind back?
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 10/22/2008 2:45 PM PDT
One thing that always helps me is to listen to music. Words sang were once writtten down and they have meening that can give you great ideas.

Posted: 10/16/2008 1:08 AM PDT
That is such a simple but great idea, thank you so much! I will try that out today and see if i can brainstorm anything worthwhile!

Posted: 10/15/2008 9:58 AM PDT
Here is a tip that has always helped me find those fresh ideas. I'm sure as a writer you are also a reader and use your public library. If not, you at least have, or know where to find, a collection of current magazines. Look through them until a large picture ad catches your eye. Let your imagination devour its imagery while forgetting the text. Don't ever read it at all, if possible. This will stimulate your muse as you begin to create a story from those images. Start with just one aspect of the photo or art work in the ad, and as it develops add others until you've exhausted the entire visual work and begin to add your own outside variants. You might be amazed at how well this can work. Good luck!

Posted: 10/15/2008 9:18 AM PDT
someone please help... I have run out of ideas.... I want to write but i just dont know what to write!!!!!!!!! Please can someone offer me some tips on how to regain my usually ever racing mind?! thanks