This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 6/24/2009 12:14 PM PDT
9th graders can be affected by any kind of gossip. Any rumor would work. Does your character really care about her appearance? Most 9th graders do, so it would be easy for this old friend to spread a rumor about her clothes, her hair, etc. Or, if she has a difficult family life, the friend could spread rumors about her parent's work status and such. People at the 9th grade level are so vulnerable to gossip and bullying because most of them want so desperately to fit in, especially if 9th grade is in a new high school building.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 6/23/2009 4:51 AM PDT
My best friend when I was a kid got so mad at me for dunking her in the pool that she didn't speak to me until we were adults. I also had an acquaintance who had a name that naturally lent itself to jokes, which made her furious. Once, just to see what would happen, I dumped an entire 20 ounce plastic cup of Coke and ice into a friends face while we were riding our bikes. One character could take a pair of scissors and cut a huge chunk out of the other's hair. I know that would have pissed me off. What of the non-depressed one wanted to start a secret club and the two could squabble over passwords, the clubhouse? What age is this falling out supposed to happen? If it's 9th graders, that's easy-gossip, rumors, fights over boys. Am I way off base?

Posted: 6/21/2009 8:30 AM PDT
This basically just happened to me. Simple. One girl is shallow and finds a new crowd to hang with and figures her best friend is just a third wheel. She starts insulting the girl to try and make herself more popular. Then she insults the one thing that the other girl cherishes most, and then it's done. The girl can't take being bullied anymore.

Posted: 6/20/2009 3:26 PM PDT
HELP!!!!!!!! A lonely and depressed girl starting 9th grade lost her friend and has many flashbacks to when they were young. I need help for a falling out fight!!! It has to be something serious. (not like pancakes or kittens, something serious.) HELP.....................................GAH!!!!☻