This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 12/19/2008 9:01 AM PST
I guess I am just so vague with what I want to happen that I am completely stuck. I wrote a little bit about what comes later, just a couple "scenes" but right now I just can't write anything. Nothing comes to mind. I am just dry on inspiration completely. I just need a spark, something to get me excited again. If I could just get a good idea about my stories and where they should go maybe I could start writing more freely again.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 12/16/2008 9:56 AM PST
Thats really how I work as well but after taking the advice to skip to the part I really wanted to write i found that when i went back to write what I was stuck with before....I didnt really need it and so eventually I just left it out!!! Bonus! Hope this helps xx

Posted: 12/12/2008 8:41 AM PST
what if you mind only runs in a linear fashion and you can't just skip forward. That's my problem. Ohy well.

Posted: 11/18/2008 8:33 AM PST
so glad it worked out for you! i'll add an additional comment: i have a novel that i've been working on here and there for a while. i really only work on it when i'm inspired by an event in my life. so i write down that part of the story. i've written the beginning of the story, the end of the story, and a bunch of other random scenes. eventually, i'll have to connect the dots. in the mean time, i'm enjoying just writing the "dots." :)

Posted: 11/17/2008 2:27 AM PST
Thanks Darkened_Jade I took your advice and went to the next part that I REALLY wanted to write!! Back in the swing of it now. Much Appreciated Lucile xx

Posted: 11/13/2008 1:54 AM PST
Skip to the next part that you are interested in writing - if you have planned out where you are going you don't need to write the first draft in order. Obviously you will need to go through in editing and make sure you don't have continuity errors but otherwise write whichever part is screaming to be written and don't plod along on a line you are over.

Posted: 11/12/2008 11:58 AM PST

Watermelon
What's your story about from chapters 1 to 8?

Posted: 11/6/2008 4:21 AM PST
Hi I have written 8 chapters to my story and it WAS going really well..but now im stuck! I know where I want it to go and the things that need to happen but everything I write just seems too cliche and predictable! Is this because I know whats going to happen? Im thinking about starting the next chapter from the point of view of another character and hopefully this will kick start me off again!! arghhh its so frustrating..help!!!