This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Your publishing industry superstore; discussion of current trends, helpful resources and websites, query letter tips, writing contest information, and all else related to this dynamic industry.
Posted: 5/19/2014 4:47 AM PDT
I can't wait to hear for you!
I wish you the best of luck!!!!
CONGRATS!
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 5/19/2014 4:46 AM PDT
All I have to say is thank you, thank you, thank you!
I started sending out queries about a week and a half ago to about 30 or so agents just to dip my toe into the pool.
I have received 1 media kit, about 8% have said that they read it and that it wasn't their genre, but they wished me luck- which was more personalized than I expected.
But this- this makes my day!

Posted: 4/24/2011 7:02 PM PDT
Thanks for the reassurance!

Posted: 4/6/2011 2:53 PM PDT
In some cases you may have to wait months. Good agents will give you some idea of when to expect a reply, but even then don't necessarily expect them to stick to that; they're busy people. They may even be farming their work out to readers, which also lengthens the process. If they've specifically asked for something from you then I'd say that a non-response is not a no. Hang in there.

Posted: 3/31/2011 11:59 AM PDT
Hi everyone, I've been sending out queries for my memoir and last week I got a positive response from an agent. She said my book sounded 'fascinating' and requested my proposal. I sent it a week ago and have not heard anything back yet. Is this where I wait with baited breath or do I assume a non-response is a 'no'? How long does it take to review a proposal with only one sample chapter? Would love to hear about others experiences! Thanks, Tonari