This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 11/30/2008 11:46 AM PST
"Not to Fear" "Fear Scent" "Necrophobia" (fear of death) "Pharmacophobia" (fear of medicine) "Atelophobia"(fear of mistakes/imperfection)
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 11/21/2008 3:18 PM PST
"Fear Itself" as in 'The only thing we have to fear is, Fear Itself'. You could have the entire phrase on your cover page with the last two words in bold or a large font.

Posted: 11/20/2008 6:54 PM PST
hmmmm... I was kinda thinking 'Petrified' Simple, dramatic... Just a suggestion :)

Posted: 11/19/2008 8:58 PM PST
I agree with Vivid_Dreamer, "The Catalyst" does sound like a fitting title.

Posted: 11/18/2008 4:01 PM PST
What I do is find a phrase that's important, but mentioned probably once and make that into the title. Just a suggestion. ^_^ Good luck.

Posted: 11/16/2008 10:59 AM PST
How about something like 'The Catalyst' [describing the drug itself] or something quirky like 'The Azrael Effect' [Azrael being the Angel of Death].

Posted: 11/7/2008 6:22 PM PST
"Scared to Death" is to cliche, Maybe these Options May Help... The Counter Effect Reversal Trailing Fear Paralyzed Fearlessly Fearful Even naming it after The doctor, the Main character, Or one of you favorite sentence from the book could work well..

Posted: 11/7/2008 1:00 AM PST
What is the name of the medication? Maybe you can name it the name of the medication? Or you could name it after the professor. Most discovers are named after the doctor. So maybe you could give it a twist. The very doctor that is trying to save people actually winds up being crazy and giving them medication that is killing them. Therefore, later in life they call the medication after the professor. "Dr. Gray hair". LOL Just a thought! But if I were you I would really focus on a catching medication name and call the book the name of the medication. -Angie

Posted: 11/5/2008 1:56 AM PST
thanks. I like 'Shivers up her spine' and 'wide eyed' x

Posted: 11/4/2008 1:29 PM PST
Hmmm, I like the title "Scared to death" as it literally explains the main plot. But if you really don't want it you could have something like; Over powering fear A wrong discovery Wide eyed Overcoming fear A scare too much The place where fears are dispelled seeing too much Shivers up my spine (Or shiver up his/her spine) Frightful mistake I hope these help! =] I would love to read your story though! Sounds great! X

Posted: 11/4/2008 9:38 AM PST
Writing a novel about fear killing people. A university professor is working on a new medication to eliminate fear, but it has the opposite efect and increases fear, so when faced with the thing they fear most, they are literally scared to death. One of the students discovers what is happening and is trying to stop it,, while the professor is desperate to kill her to stop her career from being ruined. So far my title is 'Scared to Death' but I think that might be a little to obvious and dull. Any ideas? Thanks x