This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > WEbook Projects > Reader "Shout Outs!" > hey just a question.. im new here
Give a "shout out" to a fellow WEbooker's awesome project.
Posted: 11/30/2009 8:56 PM PST
Of course, this is the wrong forum for this dicsussion ... here is a good start: http://www.webook.com/forums/topicIndex.aspx?forum=69a2cd6963c24844b24987de1225c9ae (please read and follow instructions or suggestions) And As already stated give some, get some. Find authors who write with your style or in your genre and look for members who actively give reviews and review their work... also a polite PM goes a long way :) hope this helps...
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 11/30/2009 3:00 PM PST
Just wanted to add that this is a really good question. I've been reading on webook for a while but I just made an account yesterday. For some reason I thought it would be easy and I would get lots of feedback within the hour, but thats obviously not the case. Thanks for the advice, seeing as my 'sit back and watch' approach was stupidly optimistic lol.

Posted: 9/11/2009 8:56 PM PDT
well i'm kinda new too but what you can do is after you finish a story spread out the word.

Posted: 8/24/2009 9:41 PM PDT
You can introduce your work in the forums, but the best way to get reviews is to give honest and fair ones yourself, Ppeople tend to use the reciprocation method here more than anything. When you become respected, and if you are a serious writer, the word will get out and people will find you. You do have to work at it though. When I started a couple of months ago, I contributed a lot of short stories to other peoples projects, in order to get my name, and something of my own work seen and hopefully to glean interest. I think it worked. Good luck ... and welcome.

Posted: 8/24/2009 6:34 PM PDT
how do you get people to even look at your work?? do they just happen to gaze past it and you hope they read?