This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 10/8/2009 5:57 PM PDT
Maybe it could be carved in the shape of Switzerland! :D
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 10/6/2009 9:57 AM PDT
a feather? Does it have to be something "real world"? Is your story in some sort of fantasy realm? If so, then you could fantasy up anything. Maybe there could be a certain tree, the leaf of which is a practical cure-all and can cure everything from herpes to cancer to halitosis. The symbol could be the leaf of that tree. The beauty of fantasy is that you are not bound by the constraints of logic. Pigs can fly and monkeys might fly out of any one's butt at any given time.

Posted: 10/2/2009 1:08 AM PDT
The Red Cross is the international symbol of neutrality. Too bad it's taken. Crossed olive branches over the Earth are also considered neutral. So is a white flag. It's not just the symbol for a parlay, but for neutrality. A white flag has never been the symbol for "surrender". Finally, one of the two symbols that United Nation peacekeepers wear is a blue cross in a blue circle, the Greek symbol for the world or Earth.

Posted: 10/1/2009 5:55 PM PDT
Well off the top of my head you could try a dove-esc shape which I guess would be more peace than neutral but I can't think of anything else....... Possibly an equal sign? Another idea is maybe having the "Gem Cutter" just not have a symbol for the neutral ones and they are left with an unmarked gem. Hope that helps.. -Andie

Posted: 9/29/2009 9:44 PM PDT
I have checked all over the internet... all types of demonic and angelic and just symbols around the globe in different religions... But could find no symbol... that is understood as Neutrality... that a gemstone could possibly be cut into... Like if everyone had a gem on their body.. and they had to get it cut at a certain age to represent them... What would be an understood symbol of Neutrality... Or what could stand for a fight between heaven and hell... Anyone... Once I get this... My book is pretty much an easy course from their...