This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 2/20/2010 5:52 PM PST
The first one I'm goin with I mean. lol ;-)
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 2/20/2010 5:51 PM PST
This was really good advice, everyone's so far was. I think I'm going with your idea. thanks :-)

Posted: 2/19/2010 10:03 AM PST
I get the same problem at thrilling parts that lose all the tension. I found that I either waited too long writing it down, and/or worried too much putting it on paper. You should write things down the moment you come up with them, so you still have that same feeling when you try to put it in words. Secondly, try not to think about creating the best sentences and choosing the perfect words. Just scribble down the words that are the most important and that catch the feeling you wish to transfer. Do not think about what the reader will think of it and if (s)he'll understand what you're saying. You'll have plenty of time revising it later on. Just act like you're writing on burning paper. And last, don't force your writing. If you feel your writing is losing value, just delete the last few sentences and a half (much easier starting again later!) and leave it till you get that feeling again. You can read something, watch a movie of your genre, just get your mind of your piece and on the mood you need for it to work out. Hope this helped, good luck and have fun writing!

Posted: 2/19/2010 6:53 AM PST
Hmm... Maybe you could spread it out a bit (the funny bits), or try the sutle funny bits. I force myelf to stay focus by turning off the tv, switching off mobile, and just have music (instrumental works for me- or songs that I dont know the words to). Some music could help set the mood for the scenes. aka: action music, romance music, sad music, etc. This should help you to keep relaxed and not get distracted. hope this helps.

Posted: 2/15/2010 10:21 PM PST
I always have these terrific storys, but tey eiher get stupid, or boring. What can helo me STAY focussed on the funny and the seriousness? I have so much trouble just trailing on and on... at first it's really funny, but then it get's icky. Can you give me a suggestion to break this habit?