This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Your publishing industry superstore; discussion of current trends, helpful resources and websites, query letter tips, writing contest information, and all else related to this dynamic industry.
Posted: 4/22/2010 12:22 PM PDT

Beruthiel
I have not tried a fomal questionnaire, but one technique that I have tried is to hand out my material chapter by chapter, getting feedback from one before sending the next. Having a smaller quantity to focus on tended to elicit specfic responses, rather than general impressions. It also made the weaker sections clearly identifiable! I hope that suggestion may help with the construction of your questionnaire. Please post what you decide to use here. Perhaps if several of us use the same one, we could iterate our way to an effective tool.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 2/1/2010 10:42 AM PST
I've just completed a novel entitled "Rabbit Slayer" (quick plug - sorry) and have begun to collect a few non-WeBook readers. As most of my readers are NOT writers the concepts of providing useful critiques may be lost on many of them. I have therefore decided to try to come up with a questionaire or survey for the readers. My question(s) for the forum. Has anyone else used this method to solicit pointed responses from "recreational readers"? If so, 1) What structure did you use - fill-ins, grading scale, etc? 2) What frequency did you solicit feedback - per chapter, every other chapter, after the whole book? 3) Did you collect information about the reader for cross referencing demo-graphics? Also what questions provided the most beneficial responses?
Sign-Up or Login to Reply